2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

New to this forum. First time Honda owner (1.4S, 5Dr, Sporty Blue, '16-plate, owned since Feb this year).

Liking it so far. It's a slug but I knew that when I bought it and have a bike for fun.

Got a recent issue with the driver's door window where I was pressing the button to open it a few inches and drove over a pot-hole as it was opening. Not a huge pot-hole, but when I went over it I heard a crack and the glass rattled loudly afterwards, which it had never done previously. That was 6 weeks ago and now every time I open the window, I get a couple of cracking noises as the glass goes down the first few inches and then the open window rattles like mad when open. Glass still goes up & down ok (no tilting or sticking) but wondered if the pothole has knocked out window alignment slightly or whether it's something more serious like stripped teeth in the motor/regulator. I have lubed the channels with silicone spray but to no effect.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what the problem is before I go pulling the door card off and looking at it myself?

Also, I bought the car from a Honda main dealer in Feb, so it's still under the 1 yr warranty. Do you think it's worth popping it in to the dealer, or are they typical main dealers who, because the glass still goes up & down ok, will do nothing and charge me a fortune for the privilege of 'looking at it'?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2016 Civic Se Plus [Nav] 1.8 auto
50 Posts
If it were me, I would take it to the dealer, just for peace of mind. If it is still under warranty even better.

·
Registered
1916 Honda Civic 1.8 i-vtec sport, golden brown
20 Posts
My car does the same thing. But I am a detailing junkie, so my car gets quiet often a wash. (Each Saturday or even during the week, if it's nessesary) so even the sealing arround the windows gets "washed out" and dry. The factory uses silica-powder to smoothen the sealings. In my opinion a little shot of silicone free teflon-spray arround the window sealing will solve the problem. Wind the window all the way down, place the tube of the teflon-spray bottle between the lips of the sealing and went all the way up from the corner of the sealing to the highes point on each side of the window. Your window will slide smooth and without any noise after pulling it twice up and down. for me it works perfect and solves the problem 100%.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts