2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - got the drivers window playing up, when putting window all the way down it sometimes goes down - then up a bit and stops, have been to the garage and they have said it is dirty runners so they have lubricated them I think, it is better, could it be a weak motor maybe or might it be best to leave it a bit longer to see if it gets sorted, appreciate your thoughts, many thanks.

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
This is to stop you trapping your hand (arm? neck? face? LEG?) :)

So if your hand is in the window the auto-up stops and winds back a bit to release the obstruction!

Mine does it sometimes because at speed the Heko wind deflector sits in a bit more (my tape came off :p) so it obstructs the window from sitting correctly so lowers again.

*a bit annoying on the M-way when it winds halfway down from only an inch from the top :p makes a right racket!

Obviously, if the runners are gritty or poorly lubricated then it may think there is an obstruction, and so will lower itself.
This is a good thing though, as if it kept trying to go up and the runner wont budge it'd ruin the motor :)

*EDIT: -10 points to me for reading it wrong...* haha

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Scotty182 - I think you should read Rodders001 post again - there isn't a problem with the windows going UP however, there is a problem with the windows going DOWN :facepalm:

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Same mechanism :) If the runner is stuck it will stop and go the other way!
Sorry i did mis-read, but the same applies!

If you go outside and wind your window down to halfway then press your palm flat on it and hold it still whilst winding down it will retract the action :)

I'd be worried if you got your head stuck in it going down :p THAT's an issue haha

If you're confident doing so, take the door card off and take a look yourself.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi - got the drivers window playing up, when putting window all the way down it sometimes goes down - then up a bit and stops, have been to the garage and they have said it is dirty runners so they have lubricated them I think, it is better, could it be a weak motor maybe or might it be best to leave it a bit longer to see if it gets sorted, appreciate your thoughts, many thanks.
Thanks for the replies, it can do it sitting on the driveway ??

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
It's nothing to do with driving :)

It's just to stop any damage occuring to either you (or others) or the window motor & mechanisms.

For it to go halfway down and back up i'd say that theres either a problem with its runners; Dented, bent or the like. Or, it could have a large amount or grit or a stuck bearing maybe.

Take the door card off and im sure you'll be able to see the problem.
If the motor was on its way out it would move slower or make noises when trying to move the glass.

Reactions: Rodders001

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
thanks for the info.ive just remembered my passenger window did this last week ,and it was on the motorway .the wife was not to pleased .she just had her hair done,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts