2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So i have an FN2 Civic Type R currently without any fog lights on the front. I am looking to put them in, but what i would like is to install them as DRL's (so naturally they come on with ignition and engine start and without the lights on.) (NB: are DRL's supposed to turn themselves off when you switch main beam lights on?) If so then i would also like to connect them to the fog light switch so that when the fog lights are required they then come on with the rear fog.

I hope this is something that can be done, if anyone has managed to work out how to do so i would really love to hear from you!!!
Also if anyone has drawn up a step by step that would be brilliant!

Thank you in advance!!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, there are several How To's e.g. [HOW-TO] Install fog lights - Page 4 - Civinfo

If you fit fog lights, then you'll need to ensure they pass the MOT.

Thank you for this information. It is going to be really helpful Thank you so much!

Does this how to guide only show how to install them as fog lights? If so, is there any way (is it even possible) to connect them (as well as fog lights) to make them DRL's?

Thank you

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts

·
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!
820 Posts
I use my fogs as DRLs and coming home lights

·
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!
820 Posts
No i must have missed that. Thank you i will look now.
That is the module I have. X5252X specifically made a module for fogs after my request for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts