2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I bought a CHL/DRL module from x5252x. Unfortunately he is no longer available and nor are the instructions.

I still haven't wired the module in. Does anybody know which wire I tap into?

So I know where the options connector is and I imagine the black goes to a ground point somewhere.

Its the wire tap... I seem to remember it being a green and white wire, but not 100% sure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Hi, I have this model but I uninstalled it last year so I have knowledge of the install, mine is the older version, cant believe theres no guide anymore!, looking through my messages to the seller this may help:

Hi,

Yes, you can remove the wire tap from the yellow headlights wire (G17), and attach it to the red sidelights wire instead (G5).
I was asking about swapping from headlight to sidelights, but this tells you the codes for the wires just need to find schematic.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's awesome mate thanks. Much appreciated.

I managed to find the email address from my PayPal and dropped an email. He's re-sent some instructions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm really wanting one of these modules as I've installed some very bright LED bulbs in my fog lights but they see very little use with factory HIDs.

Using the fog lights as coming home lights would be very useful as I work nights and they light up the driveway very well.

Is there no way to get one of these modules in 2019? I've been searching for a long time now but I've been unable to find anything.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
I can have a look later for you to see what fuse I tapped into in the under bonnet fuse box, I have it so that it runs from a 12v switched connection into a relay that turns the DRL's off when the main beam is turned on. So as should be per regs and MOT requirement.
The added bonus is, the fuse I tapped into stays live for about 30 seconds after you turn the car off so acts as a sort of coming home light too :)

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
DRL wiring with relay

OK, so found some pics I took when I did it.

Attachments

·
3,989 Posts
....into a relay that turns the DRL's off when the main beam is turned on.
The requirement is that they should dim/turn off when headlights are on either MB or dip, so as not to dazzle other drivers at night.
Dedicated daytime running lights
Daytime running lights (DRL) are purpose-made, low-wattage lights that can be fitted to a vehicle and used during the day to improve the visibility of a vehicle to other drivers as well as pedestrians, cyclists and other road users. They do not need to be operated manually as they automatically activate when the engine is started and turn off when the engine stops or when headlights are switched on at night.

DRL are necessarily bright to ensure they are visible in the daytime but not so bright that they will dazzle others. However they are too bright for night time use and are not intended to illuminate the road in the dark. If used at night they will cause dazzle and discomfort to others and so drivers should always switch to their position lamps or headlamps at night.
Source

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
The requirement is that they should dim/turn off when headlights are on either MB or dip, so as not to dazzle other drivers at night.

Source
Correct, I meant dipped beam and that's how I have them :laugh2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone make these modules anymore? Im looking to do the CHL for my civic but not having any luck with getting one or how to fit one. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Sorry, ignore my ignorance. what is CHL and what are you attempting to achieve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts