2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Silly question but I have a german owners manual and my german is a bit rusty...were is the light sensor located?

I would prefer to always have the head lights on.

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
I'm most likely missing the point here but whats wrong with just manually turning the lights on when you start the car?

Surely it saves a lot of trouble?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sure, I can do alot of things manually, but I prefer to have it automatically turned on. I also tend to forget the light since all cars I have owned before have had the light automatically turned on since it is a law in Sweden that you must use the lights 24h/day.

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
Oh I totally understand for countries with legislation that requires it. I meant for people from Countries that don't, looking back through the thread I'm assuming that applies to most of the people who posted. So ignore me!

Apologies!

·
Registered
23 Posts
No problem. :D
Anyway, I´ll try to see if I can slide a piece of black paper in there
But I assume the unit with the sensors are glued or something to the window ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
No problem. :D
Anyway, I´ll try to see if I can slide a piece of black paper in there
But I assume the unit with the sensors are glued or something to the window ?
Bugebubben: do not know exactly, there was no instructions which sensor it is, and I had no time today to examine it, but I will.

People wrote, that black piece of paper will do the trick. I think that only the rain sensor can be glued to the windscreen.

To turn them manually is not so easy as you think. More often I forgot to turn them on during the day, when you move a lot in the city. After a few Get-off the car and get-on several times a day and it becomes anoying to turne the damned lights still on and off again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I guess there must be a piece of black plastics that Honda puts in the cars in countries that legally requires headlights during the day.
Try to contact your dealer.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I know that there is bypass that makes the lights always on. Honda dealears across Poland do mount it for additional fee (40 - 70 Eur), which I think, is a rip off - considering that lights on are an obligation in Poland all year round.

I guess that they are selling the stuff which was invented by P64 ;-). I guess that their gizmo turns off all lights when the ignition key is out, no matter in what position the lights switch is....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I guess there must be a piece of black plastics that Honda puts in the cars in countries that legally requires headlights during the day.
Try to contact your dealer.
hehee, that is good joke. I would say it is done electric, that when you put your key in, it turnst automaticly all lights on, but you do not see the indication on dashboard that the lights are on. The switch for lights is not influencing the main headlights, but only your interior lights and illumination.

·
Ezermester
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Utecki, thank you for giving me credit for an invention. Hehe.

My friends dealer (he has my circuit now) put some black sealer in front of the sensor inside the housing, but it still failed to do its job in the strong sunlight.

I am sure, but can't find time to verify it, that there is a wire coming from the sensor that has to be grouded to fool the car into thinking that it's dark. Not in the light switch though.

Feel free to play around.

Andrej

·
Registered
70 Posts
DRL running of an internal light?

Hi Guys..

Interesting thread about DRLs.

I was just wondering if it was possible to bypass modifying as per above and just have LED DRLs which run off some power source point which is always on when the car runs eg: a power source which runs the lights in the instrument panel (I'm sure someone could come up with a simpler & more accesible one)? That way it's always on no matter what light setting you have (just like how DRLs should behave).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Guys..

Interesting thread about DRLs.

I was just wondering if it was possible to bypass modifying as per above and just have LED DRLs which run off some power source point which is always on when the car runs eg: a power source which runs the lights in the instrument panel (I'm sure someone could come up with a simpler & more accesible one)? That way it's always on no matter what light setting you have (just like how DRLs should behave).

I have the same question, my car does not have light sensor, but does have automatic daylight running lights and installing the original light sensor means changing the windshield, plus light switch, plus some more stuff, so it's way too expensive.

Now the dashboards (radio etc) lights are on only when manually switched. Actually I don't need light sensor, all I need, that when engine is running, the lights are on and also in the whole dashboard.

But as DRL are always on when engine is running, it should be possible to get signal from dashboard lights and bypass manual light switch somehow, for example grounding the brown wire, however, I'm not sure about this brown wire, as I don't have light sensor?

Any hint is welcome.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi.

I'm just wondering how difficult it is to get the factory solution for daytime lights running. As there must be a possibility for this ( according to fuse 7 and fuse 37 )

In my car these fuses are unused. I put some fuses in it, to see if something happened, but it didn't.

Anyone ?

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
I spoke about these things with my service and they said that so far they didn't manage to "install" DRL in civic even with HDS connected to car there isn't any optiom for it but they told me that scandinavian dealers have module for civic which is plug'n'play device and that what for are fuse places 7 and 37.

This maybe can confirm our friends here on forum from scandinavian countrys.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts