2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
My honda service garage have original honda device for daytime lights.It is 50euro with install.

Why to complicate ,when honda have solution.

·
Registered
311 Posts
every dealer in poland offer such module. do not know the part number though.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Very Nice Jont. Best I've seen so far I think for a standard look although those over the top do look mean as it looks like the car is scowling!

As others have said, to those who don't like them, just realise that ALL new cars including Corsa, Daiwoos, Dacias, Kias etc etc as well as your prestige makes will have to have them fitted by law from next year and ths means that they won't look unsual plus any car without them is probably going to look old hat. Just as HID's have made cars with yellow lights look unfashionable. Only question is how will Honda fit them to the Civic, under over, mini strip in the fogs? We'll have to wait and see.

·
Aussie Team
22 Posts
DRL Module

My honda service garage have original honda device for daytime lights.It is 50euro with install.

Why to complicate ,when honda have solution.
Xenon, Can you tell me exactly what this module does, I assume it just allows you to install DRL's into this module so they work correctly? Is there an actual set of lights you can buy off Honda over there? Also are you able to find the part number for me please as I would also like this module.

:)

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
No extra lights, it's just a relay that will keep the low beam lights on at all times when the engine is running. It's standard fit on the cars sold in northen Europe.

However I could not find any info about such a module sold by the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Holy thread bump.
Buddy if you want help in adding DRLs, post in the lighting section
Where someone can help you.
A few of us have installed DRLs, ranging from ebay units, custom DRL modules to full hybrid style setups

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have the following question. My civic 8gen is with original xenon on the low-beams and normal bulbs on the high-beams. So I decided and install a DRL module which makes the high-beams active but only on 30% of their power all the time except when the low-beams are turned on.

My question is connected with the headlight flash. Every time when I pull the liver in order to flash with my high-beams with full power it activates the low-beams (the xenon) as well, which is extremely bad for the xenon bulbs.
I'm almost 100% sure that the problem is not in the installation, because I use the same model of DRL module already on a 3rd car and the previous two didn't have this problem. The installation is done in the same way and according to the instruction.

What was strange to me was that another guy with original build in DRL module told me that even in his case the situation is the same.

So is it normal when you want to flash with your high-beams to activate the low as well? Is there any simple way how to make them staying turned off in this situation?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any chance that someone has a copy of expired images of circuit etc. from 7th message in this thread? It seems that thread starter isn't active in this forum for quite a while.

It's possible to restore circuit from remaining images, but that needs an additional time and I just want to see how it was incorporated into stock circuit but try to apply it a bit differently.

As for those asking about the relay, I tried to do some searching and in some circuits found that there is "KS type" variation of MICU which seems to have support for it. E.g. ????? ??????????????? - ??????????? ?? ???????????? ? ??????? Honda Civic 5D
The relay attached to fuse 7.
No idea, maybe hardware is always there and it's only firmware which differs. Also it doesn't seem to apply to low or high beams or maybe that's again in firmware.

·
Ezermester
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Any chance that someone has a copy of expired images of circuit etc. from 7th message in this thread? It seems that thread starter isn't active in this forum for quite a while.

It's possible to restore circuit from remaining images, but that needs an additional time and I just want to see how it was incorporated into stock circuit but try to apply it a bit differently.

As for those asking about the relay, I tried to do some searching and in some circuits found that there is "KS type" variation of MICU which seems to have support for it. E.g. ????? ??????????????? - ??????????? ?? ???????????? ? ??????? Honda Civic 5D
The relay attached to fuse 7.
No idea, maybe hardware is always there and it's only firmware which differs. Also it doesn't seem to apply to low or high beams or maybe that's again in firmware.
Hi!

I still own the car, what do you need? The .pdf is still active.

Andrej

·
4,534 Posts
The post is over 4 years old and Andrej was last on line in February this year, so my guess would likely be that he won't and he would have to contact via this thread as you don't have enough posts for PMs.:crying:

41 - 59 of 59 Posts