2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here :grin2:
So I want to put DRLs on my Civic 2007(I think), any suggestions to what I should use and where it should be mounted?
Mine has some kind of caps at the place of the factory fog lights, here is a picture.

Maybe stick something there?

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
I've got switchback indicators, if you do choose this route get a good quality set and not ebay cheapy ones. I'm on my second set now because I bought cheap, luckily I had a spare set I bought years ago which are better quality and are much better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the switchbacks are the painless way to go. Will look around for some quality ones, thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Looks like the switchbacks are the painless way to go. Will look around for some quality ones, thanks guys.
Maybe not so much easier, have you tried replacing the driver side (UK) indicator bulb?. Lol

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Why not get some decent LED bulbs for your side lights from valley-lighting on ebay - about £10 a pair with a lens on the front.

·
Premium Member
2,198 Posts
Side lights in the civic are a bitch.
Have to be smaller than 11mm in diameter
For OP, I've found that OSRAM T10s have the best performance and reliability of aftermarket LEDs, and they do an excellent job of mirroring the original size / shape of Halogen T10s - They've been much better in all ways than the cheapy glued together SMD LEDs that you can get.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts

·
Mitko
158 Posts
Yes, tried one of these but really got confused which wire goes where as there are few ways to wire it up. My idea is to use it as a delay to star the DRLs once the car reaches 13.5V.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Your relay has to be a normally closed type

Wire ignition to COM
Wire from NC goes to the DRLs
Wire headlight to one of the COIL pins
Wire from the other COIL pin to a ground

This set up the circuit is complete so when ignition power is activated the DRLs switch on but when you turn on the headlights, power flows through the coil energising the relay, this breaks the circuit, so the DRLs switch off when clearance lights are on

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
Yes, tried one of these but really got confused which wire goes where as there are few ways to wire it up. My idea is to use it as a delay to star the DRLs once the car reaches 13.5V.
Finally found the sketch up I made a while back
This shows you the wiring method

Head lights off, DRLs On

Headlights on, DRLs Off

The car should reach 13.5v as soon as you start the engine.
Otherwise your alternator might be bad.

If you want to keep them on a basic 12v time delay circuit will work.
It will be easiest to find one on ebay where you can adjust the time delay and just need to power it via ignition power.
So it switches on when the car is running and stays until a few seconds after the car is turned off

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Going back to the switchbacks it.looks like they take a feed for 12v when ignition on (engine running basically)

Before I go poking a proding around with a test lamp can any one suggest a suitable power pickup point

And is the honda bau15s or ba15s for the indicators

1 - 20 of 47 Posts