2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lads & Ladettes

I have noticed this on my dash since i got the 2007 GT back in 2010. There is a DRL symbol/indicator...........What does it stand for:popcorn:

I's on the left had side near the light indicator

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
There is also an AFS light... Does anyone know what that is?
Adaptive Front-Lighting System, normally anyway
I assume the civ follows suit, it's when theres a fault with auto-level headlights

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Errrm well I thought so .............BUT why put it there and then not bother with installing them. Question is can the car be programmed to use this feature without installing aftermarket DRL's.

This was simple on my passat Just use the VAG software and done

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Errrm well I thought so .............BUT why put it there and then not bother with installing them. Question is can the car be programmed to use this feature without installing aftermarket DRL's.

Cheaper for Honda to mass produce one dashboard and just not use a part of it, than to manufacture two different models.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So many features but shame they do not work or cannot be enabled .... would be great if someone came up with a way of programming these

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts

I would imagine the DRL's on European Civics (which I believe just makes the headlights come on when you start the engine) is controlled by the MICU. Short of getting an MICU from a European Civic, I doubt it would be possible.

Cheaper for Honda to mass produce one dashboard and just not use a part of it, than to manufacture two different models.
Exactly this.

It also has a TPMS(Tire Pressure Monitoring System) light spot.
and a special one called CMBS(Collision Mitigation Brake System) light spot
I thought all MY09 Civics had tyre pressure monitoring as standard?

Would that light not just be to notify you of a problem with the system anyway?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
+1

AFIK TPMS is DWS and works by the system monitoring the rotation of the wheels.

Some manufacturers TPMS have a sensor in the wheel/valve that actually measures the pressure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi just to clarify, the 8 Gen Civic has DRL (XDay Running Lights) for the Scandanavian market only. The function is controlled within the MICU. The AFS (Adaptive Focus System) is not featured on this Civic, this system is where the lights look towards / around the corner as you turn in to it, just a common Dash Gauge. CMBS (Collision Mitigation Braking System) is again not featured on this Civic. Again a common Gauge. It is not just a case of powering up the lights within the gauge, still no control units or wiring in place. From 09 Model year the 8Gen did have DWS (Diflation Warning System), this is not TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System). DWS uses wheel speed sensors as part of the VSA system to understand diflation, TPMS uses pressure sensors within the tyres. Again a common gauge unit to others.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.