2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time no see all! I come crawling back needing help. As title says, twice in the last month or so I've had a sudden drop in power and the engine light flashes for a few seconds then goes off and all is fine. Couple of times it's felt like it suddenly dropped in power but no light flashing. Getting a bit worried and don't want to go to a garage with an intermittent problem.

Bro brought a reader round and there were no error codes.

Don't suppose anyone has any ideas? Serviced a month and a bit ago. I think she heard I was thinking of selling her....(I know I know, but I need to be a grown up)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
No code fault seems odd, my only real guess is a loose battery connection or HT lead. If no code is thrown you will have to run on and see what develops unless someone else knows more!

I assume its FSH etc not fuel filter blocked?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a feeling you were going to say that :'( Thanks though!

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
How quick do you code read, sometimes error codes are wiped after so many start ups

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
is it going into limp mode? could be timing?

as dweezle said though try again and read the come as fast as possible.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for not getting back to you been busy with new job.

It was only a day or so later not long at all. If it does it again I'll see if I can get it checked same day, depends how busy big bro is.

It's not really going into limp mode I don't think, it only lasts a second or 2, just long enough to ruin my nice smooth awesome over take. I'm assuming that there'd be some sort of warning if it was in limp mode? Never had a car go into it so not really sure what to look for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts