2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after lowering 25mm, i am getting knock sound when turning left and sometimes when accelerating from idle. looks like lowering side effects

looking for replacement drop links

meyele link

ecp link

also thinking of changing D bush as well link is no 9 and 10 correct because part no is different with ebay one link

can anyone help me to choose correct ones

Many THANKS

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
i also haven't done wheel alignment after lowering because i am planning to do fast road setup in months. Or best to do some local standard alignment for time being?

quick google revealed sub frame as well link

how much it cost if frame is knackered?

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
As for clicking I just tightened my subframe nothing else and it's been good for 9months. It only made click on braking and excellarating though, not turning. Are springs fitted properly? As for them bushes I got some polybushes from tegiwa. Cost more but last forever so that won it for me.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Cheers mate, I will first see how it plays after tightening subframe. Can you tell me where this yellow bush is installed? The garage just returned saying they r shorter then OEM and can't be fitted.

Sent from Submarine

Attachments

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Mine where fitted when my springs went on mate, admittedly I still haven't fitted me camber bolts or had an FRS yet either, I called in at my local garage good bunch of lads he said see how it goes keep an eye on the tyre wear if its ok he said i wouldn't bother !!

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i hate going back for incomplete job, makes life easier if done in first place. can anyone share a pic for that yellow where and how it sits during fitting?

i need to shove the pic in his ABS

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Don't know why they say they couldn't fit the new bump stops, I fitted mine absolutely fine.
They simply slot into the top mounts and the rubber boot is fitted onto it.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't know why they say they couldn't fit the new bump stops, I fitted mine absolutely fine.
They simply slot into the top mounts and the rubber boot is fitted onto it.
I only have two bump stop that came with springs. Don't know is it for front or rear. iirc ebiach bump stop had smaller diameter than OEM front ones.

Sent from Submarine

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I only have two bump stop that came with springs. Don't know is it for front or rear. iirc ebiach bump stop had smaller diameter than OEM front ones.

Sent from Submarine
The Eibach one had a smaller length but same diameter for me.
And they are only on the front, no bump stops on the rear.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update.

after greasing gap between two parts of subframe, the sound is gone. I will also change D bush and drop link which i reckon are knackered at this mileage.

waiting OEM Honda D Bush from HendyPerformance and Meyle Drop Links from eBay

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Update.

after greasing gap between two parts of subframe, the sound is gone. I will also change D bush and drop link which i reckon are knackered at this mileage.

waiting OEM Honda D Bush from HendyPerformance and Meyle Drop Links from eBay
Alright i don't suppose you have any pics the sub frame bolts because i have this click and its driving me mad any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright i don't suppose you have any pics the sub frame bolts because i have this click and its driving me mad any help would be appreciated thanks.
Sorry I didn't took any pics during the process but it was 10 mins job. If u follow the service bulletin (the link is in previous comments) it is straight forward, thought mine was done by mate who is a mechanic.

Sent from Submarine

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Replaced drop links as well, stock ones were knackered by high mileage. I went meyle HD ones

Sent from Submarine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts