2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Just looking for a bit of advice on replacing drop links.

Not long had my car checked for a clunking noise and was told both my drop links need replaced. Honda are wanted £140 to do this as its not covered under warranty but not really want to pay this much as heard its straight forward to do.

So does anyone know where these two parts can be bought outwith Honda - and what sort of quality are they?
Plus is it as simple as I'm reading online to do?

Cheers.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
£40 each with 'Blueprint' ones
Cheers for reply!

Did you replace them yourself then and where'd you get them from?

Is this a common problem as not seen too much about it on the forum?
My mate who bought his civic the same week as me has just had them replaced too. Same year and similar mileage - coincidence?...yeah probably but strange! lol

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Cheers for reply!

Did you replace them yourself then and where'd you get them from?

Is this a common problem as not seen too much about it on the forum?
My mate who bought his civic the same week as me has just had them replaced too. Same year and similar mileage - coincidence?...yeah probably but strange! lol
I did both of mine myself (not at the same time though). I think it must be fairly common because the dealer diagnosed mine straight away, just from my description of the knocking. When you get the parts, you'll see for yourself that they aren't the most robust looking pieces of kit. There have been a few others on here that have mentioned replacing them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
£40 each with 'Blueprint' ones
Happen to have a part number for these? Could not find any useful catalogues online. Might as well try some aftermarket parts instead of those useless and ridiculously expensive OE ones...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guy's, first time poster here.
Just got mine done yesterday from my local dealer,
£125 for the passenger side or both done for £195.
The banging and crunching has gone completely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts