2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On crawling uphill in either i-shift or manual it will suddenly drop revs and nearly stall then it recovers.
This happens about every ten yards.I took it back to the dealers who said they could'nt find anything but suggested it might be trying to change gear.What at 5 mph.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
On crawling uphill in either i-shift or manual it will suddenly drop revs and nearly stall then it recovers.
This happens about every ten yards.I took it back to the dealers who said they could'nt find anything but suggested it might be trying to change gear.What at 5 mph.

it could be 1st into 2nd or v.v even at that speed

although I would be surprised

·
Banned
477 Posts
Yes, most probably it is in 2nd gear and decides to downshift, it stalls while shifting to 1st. This may be due to low rpm operation in all gears, when economy is considered first. It keeps in 2nd gear down to almost walking speed. Happens to me also but I got used to it; after all it lasts not more than a second... Just make a left-click on the paddle and downshift to 1st before it tries to decide. Then you won't have any stallings..
HTH...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Shytalk,

I had this too and asked the dealer to look into it. They said it could be something to do with the way the idle has been set. They said that they changed the idling speed and that would do the trick. Trouble is, I'm still getting it. You think it's about to stall, but it NEVER actually does.

Doesn't happen very often now.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
It's a self professing prophecy. You think it’s going to stall so you dip the throttle meanwhile the car has changed down to 1st then back up to 2nd because you dipped the throttle then changes down to 1st again and you think its going to stall so you dip the throttle and so it begins

I find you have to be very gentle with the throttle at lower speeds. Still love that i-Shift

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
An automatic cannot stall (unless there is something seriously wrong)

I would pressume the same applies to the I-shift

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drops revs

this happens even when i am in manual in first gear. I am aware that automatics dont stall it just appears thats what its trying to do.It also only does it on an uphill crawl in a traffic jam.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Stall?

As you know, i just like lookign good in the car, so the technicality of it is lost on mem however,

Should I be able to STALL my I shift gearbox, because I do, and have done it more that once. it only happens when going from reverse to drive...

ANy help?

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Never had that issue.
But, you should change gear from reverse to drive (and vice-versa) only when car has stopped.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Mine tried that the other morning, but it was very cold and I assumed that as it didn't reappear it was the gearbox oils being a bit chilly.

"If Superman has this X-ray vision and can see thro anything....wouldn't he therefore see thro everything and actually see nothing?"

Charles H.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 1.8 vtec sport manual, sometimes not all the while when coming to a halt the rev counter drops and the car shudders and feels like it is going to stall.
Anyone else had this prob?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I have 1.8 vtec sport manual, sometimes not all the while when coming to a halt the rev counter drops and the car shudders and feels like it is going to stall.
Anyone else had this prob?
Yes, it's only started doing recently - funny thing is, I got a call from my dealer yesterday to fit a new power steering module (on back order from my 1st service before xmas) and I told them about this and the lady said it's a known issue and they would be changing the EGR unit at the same time. She said something about a recall??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi My car does this when you come to a sudden stop , ie drop the clutch and break.
The rev drop to 500, the car shudders then it quickly goes back to 700 rpm's.
Someone said it may be prob with EGR unit ???
Due for 2nd service soon will ask dealer.
1.8 sport

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
That should not happen.
Revs should gently drop to idle speed.
What happens is for some reason idle settings are too low and revs drop to 500-ish rpm's, and than ECU quickly compensates to bring it to pre-set idle speed (in ECU) of 750rpm.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Someone said it may be prob with EGR unit ???
Due for 2nd service soon will ask dealer.
1.8 sport
I think the general EGR fault was 2.2 only.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts