2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being angry with myself doesn't begin to describe it. Trouble free motoring for 10000 miles so far, and just an hour ago, little dip in concentration had me driving over a high kerb after leaving the shop. Speed was below 5mph (Going forwards) and was just the offside front that touched it.

Felt fine to drive on the way home, but has caused damage to the side skirt and arches where it connects. Looks like the force of touching the kerb has popped the skirt backwards into the rear arch trim, and the front arch has slightly came loose as well.

Pictures attached. One taken of the front and three from the rear. Forgive the dirt. It's been pouring down with rain and haven't had chance to clean it yet.

Thoughts? Need replacing?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,115 Posts
just undo it all and see what, if any, damage there is.
Those screws are holding it in place at the back and a couple at the front with 3 of the 2 piece black clips under the sill - slide it backwards do not pull it off or you can break the clips behind it.
hopefully all you need to do is take it off and refit.

·
i-Vtec
4,426 Posts
Just push it forward its just moved back on the clips. Even if you take a bit of wood and use that as a lever against the tyre it will most likely slide forward, I wont tell you how I know this :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts