2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
OOOOSH
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my TDI/XO/AAS exhaust manifold approx 1 week ago, and all went well, but on Friday I got the check system message, plugged it into my Flashpro, and the code was 'P0420 - Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (bank 1)'. Anyway, I cleared the code, and didnt use the car until today, and it came back.

I connected the lambda sensors in when I installed it.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
How does it sound Smig? Mines going on Wednesday.
Prob very raspy!!

Will be interesting to hear the Martelius with the TDI manifold, we have seen it with the CPL and Tegi system so far...

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Yeah hope so. Miss the front noise since HKS gone. Hopefully the CAI has a growl too.
Nope, will be like OEM, you wont hear a thing unfortunately with a Martelius and manifold.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Prob very raspy!!

Will be interesting to hear the Martelius with the TDI manifold, we have seen it with the CPL and Tegi system so far...

How is the comparision between CPL/tegi with martelius?

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
How is the comparision between CPL/tegi with martelius?
Both loud!! LOL not sure if anyone has had a listen to both yet. But expect it to be unbelieveable in terms of volume

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I thought its no different from OEM?
A decat manifold no different to OEM??? LOL

The Tegi manifold doubled the volume of the Martelius at all revs (nearly literally :eek:)

·
OOOOSH
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
How does it sound Smig? Mines going on Wednesday.
It is a bit louder than I thought it would be on cold start (but I`ve also got a Milltek fitted), once warm on tickover it sounds factory. Normal driving its nice and throaty without sounding OTT, in VTEC its fecking awesome (in conjunction with the RSK) :D. Its got more top end pull now (and its not been tuned yet - saving up for that).

Yes. Disable secondary O2 sensor as this checks performance of the cat
Thanks TDI, thats put my mind at rest :cool:
Now to the follow up question you possibly expected. How do I disable the sensor? (BTW, dont know if it makes any odds, but Im not using the group N map, but the standard map (dont really like the group N))

·
OOOOSH
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Smig is it running a bit lame without a remap?
It runs perfectly as is, but it wont reach its full potential until its been remapped.

·
OOOOSH
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right then, as i dont want to use the `group n` calibration, am I right in thinking I need to use the `stock equivilant` calibration, then click `closed loop`, then uncheck `secondary oxygen sensor enabled`.

Or is there an better/easier way?

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I asked about my TDi manifold and you said I wouldn't hear it. Or did you mean I won't hear manifold because the noise is increased from the exhaust instead?
I ment you wouldn't hear the intake lol! The manifold will make the exhaust way louder :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have a TDI/XO/AAS manifold on my car aswell and love it. It makes a raspy sound when on medium throttle but I love it. I still have the stock catback on my car albeit slightly modified.
You can take the second lambdasensor off your car and then switch it off on flashpro. You need a bolt to plug the hole in the manifold.
Smig If you are interested I have several optimised maps for your combination. Email me when you are interested.

Paul.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts