2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week some idiot somehow clipped the bottom right-hand side of my bumper, without stopping and since then a PGM-FI fault appears every time I started the engine.

Having read the fault codes and cleared them, I found the a P0533 DTC (A/C Pressure Sensor High Voltage) is logged and the PGM-FI code is flagged when the A/C is ON.

I have so far found the AC Pressure Sensor, checked the security of the connector, priced up a replacement sensor, if needed and made up a couple of jump leads, but not sure which pin is which, as per usual there is very little spare cable on the harness, so struggling to see

Any help with the details on how to cure this fault, or supply me with the wiring diagrams.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Hi. Do you have a HDS diagnostic module by the chance? Or know someone with one?
You can check the exact sensor voltage and confirm the fault.
If not, please perform following checks:
Turn the ignition off. Disconnect the a/c sensor plug, turn the ignition back on and measure voltage between wires red and black. Is the voltage around 5V?
Switch ign off. Disconnect ECM connector nr 1 (96 contacts). Bridge wire LIGHT GREEN of the AC sensor connector to the ground. Check continuity between ECM connector pin no. 18 (RED/WHT) and ground, if there is an open circuit- repair that connection between sensor and ECM;
Bridge wire BLACK of the ac conn with ground. Check continuity between ground and ECM pin no 10 (GRN/BLK) - should be continuous.

Let us know if you perform all the checks above and their results.
There are two common ground points in the bottom right corner and one seems to be damaged. You may notice some other faults related to the broken ground connection (especially lights).
Regards, Daniel

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many Thanks Daniel, I don't have access to a HDS Diags Module, so will try the old fashioned method at the weekend and let you know what I find.

I used to do this sort of thing for a living many moons ago as a Project Engineer at LR and the New Mini, thought that I had given up scrambling around under cars at my age, lol.

I'm also having a sporadic SRS light fault and one of the codes 2.2 is pointing to the drivers side front crash sensor, so it could be a harness earthing problem after that numpty clipped my front end.

Cheers

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts