2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone know where's best to price up a new DMF? Have priced a new clutch kit from Cox for 230 but pricing DMF just in case I'm unlucky and need a new flywheel as well.

Cars a 2.2 I-Dtec just hit 70k on original clutch.

Thanks

Tony

·
Administrator
18,079 Posts
Hey Tony, normally Cox have some of the best prices but I don't see the DMF listed online for the 2.2 i-DTEC :( Maybe give them a call.

I see the 1.6 DMF price is a shocker at £1,170 even with 8% discount, roughly double the price of the 8th gen 2.2 DMF.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

Anyone know where's best to price up a new DMF? Have priced a new clutch kit from Cox for 230 but pricing DMF just in case I'm unlucky and need a new flywheel as well.

Cars a 2.2 I-Dtec just hit 70k on original clutch.

Thanks

Tony
Did it last only 70k, what type of driving do you normally do? Mine is 120k on original clutch, should I be worried? It seems to be working fine but don't know how to diagnose.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Tony, normally Cox have some of the best prices but I don't see the DMF listed online for the 2.2 i-DTEC :( Maybe give them a call.

I see the 1.6 DMF price is a shocker at £1,170 even with 8% discount, roughly double the price of the 8th gen 2.2 DMF.
Thanks Farqui yeah the Cox clutch kit is what I'm going to get. I'm going to roll the dice and just change the clutch for now.

Saw the price for the 1.6 also and gulped. Cars only worth 6-7k I found an exedy DMF but I don't know the brand. It was also 400 could be a very expensive bit of work.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clutch and junk

Did it last only 70k, what type of driving do you normally do? Mine is 120k on original clutch, should I be worried? It seems to be working fine but don't know how to diagnose.
Sorry Kiko meant to say bought it at 70k it's around 75k now. I knew on purchase the clutch felt a little high but I used that to reduce the sellers asking price. I've had it remapped by celtictuning almost three weeks ago and since had a few instances of slip. Trusted mechanic said it's more likely the extra torque and power have highlighted a weakened clutch as they insist the stage 1 is entirely usable without modification. They have said that should I replace the clutch they can guarantee it won't wear quicker for the remap. Don't want to linger too long and have a slipping clutch that might wear the DMF.

My clutch was high on purchase and after remap was higher again. Noticed few instances of slip since remap where you put your foot down and instead of power the car seems to just rev. Not for long or noticeably often but I think the previous owner must of rode the clutch a little as it was quite high.

New clutch kit to be installed asap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Must say that's some scary mileages you're all talking! as far as I know my old Audi had 280K on it's original clutch or at the very least 195K as the guy I bought it off 'thought' it may have been done at 85k ish
makes me a little worried about mine!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Must say that's some scary mileages you're all talking! as far as I know my old Audi had 280K on it's original clutch or at the very least 195K as the guy I bought it off 'thought' it may have been done at 85k ish
makes me a little worried about mine!
yeah it's not huge mileage but my cars been remapped recently. Without the extra power and torque mine might have lasted a lot longer. However changing the clutch around 80k to me doesn't seem so bad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also makes me worried about towing my caravan, although it managed it ok last month, sounds like I'd better not make a habit of it!
Are the really that weak?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also makes me worried about towing my caravan, although it managed it ok last month, sounds like I'd better not make a habit of it!
Are the really that weak?
I'm starting to think a smaller remap might have been better. Tbh until my remap my clutch was fine if a bit high but showed no signs of slipping or issues changing gears.

I'm torn about what to do about mine at the minute

1 - 9 of 9 Posts