2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Afaik: If there is too much 'play' in your flywheel against manucfacturer spec can basically ruin your new clutch (not sure how, but it does, or makes the life alot less). Spoke with a Honda mechanic and said if it is within limits they do not need to be replaced, although if there it is near limits then it is advisory (he then told me if you wanted the DMF from Honda in Weston Super Mare it would cost over £700!!! - guess what I said!).

Cox currently do the flywheel for £336 and the whole clutch kit (standard) for £200 I beleive. Although you can get the CG one for £325 ish I beleive from CG Motorsport.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Hi guys my clutch is slipping bad at 96k on my cdti. Found a revised 325 clutch for 160. Was just wondering if I need to replace the dmf and what happens if i dont?
If the car has done 96k I would be inclined to have the DMF changed with the clutch anyway. May as well have it done whilst the clutch is being done.

Plus its piece of mind that your new clutch won't (shouldn't) get damaged just because the old DMF wasn't replaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.