2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,

Last week I purchased a 2008 Honda Civic 1.8 I-vtec ES from a honda dealer. Can anyone confirm what equipment the car should have as standard in particular if it should have dual zone climate control or not. The passenger door has a temperature selector switch which appears to do nothing. The screen for the audio system with the temperature selected is displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen only and the bottom left corner is blank. There is no dual button fitted with the drivers heating controls.
Does this sound correct?
The passenger side only blows hot and the drivers side is fully controllable. Do you know what the problem may be?

Many thanks

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Sure you haven't got the blower direction set to windscreen? Dual Zone function only works when air direction is set to ↔ or ↓

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
On my 07 ES there's a dual button under temperature knob to left of steering wheel, and passenger temperature is displayed on bottom left of LCD screen. Passenger door then controls this temperature display, with the drivers being on the right of screen. Sounds like the temperature control or the dash may have been swapped out at some point. Get it back to dealer.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Good evening,

Last week I purchased a 2008 Honda Civic 1.8 I-vtec ES from a honda dealer. Can anyone confirm what equipment the car should have as standard in particular if it should have dual zone climate control or not. The passenger door has a temperature selector switch which appears to do nothing. The screen for the audio system with the temperature selected is displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen only and the bottom left corner is blank. There is no dual button fitted with the drivers heating controls.
Does this sound correct?
The passenger side only blows hot and the drivers side is fully controllable. Do you know what the problem may be?

Many thanks
ES has dual zone air con.
If there is no "dual" button then something has been changed on the car.

As above - back to the dealer asap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I really appreciate it.
As I said I'll be taking it back to the dealer to get fixed and will find out the truth behind what happened with the original dual zone that the car came with.
I'm sure it should have dual zone cc as on the passengers food there is a temperature selector. Can anyone confirm if the temperature selector is on the SE, ES and EX as I have discussed this with the dealer who said that they think it is standard on all models to make it cheaper to produce regardless of it being connected or not. I think it's bs though.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
It's not on my se, bought a new door off a es which has the temp control on the inside, hope this helps

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I really appreciate it.
As I said I'll be taking it back to the dealer to get fixed and will find out the truth behind what happened with the original dual zone that the car came with.
I'm sure it should have dual zone cc as on the passengers food there is a temperature selector. Can anyone confirm if the temperature selector is on the SE, ES and EX as I have discussed this with the dealer who said that they think it is standard on all models to make it cheaper to produce regardless of it being connected or not. I think it's bs though.

Thanks again
Nope, it's only fitted on the cars with dual zone climate control.

Regardless, if it's an ES then it should have WORKING dual zone climate control, with the relevant controls on the dashboard too.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I have a 2008 1.8 ES and it has dual zone controls. And these should work even if a/c is turned off. Full operating instructions should be in your manual, if you don't have the manual then go back to the dealer and ask for it. Going back to your original post you asked about what the ES spec is. The wiki has info about standard kit but an ES should have:
Glass Roof
Cruise Control
Auto lights / wipers
And dual zone climate control
If the any of the above are missing then either it is not an ES, it has been modified for some reason, or something is broken.
As Syx has said, if you have the control on the passenger door, it should be dual zone.
I would get it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good evening everyone.

I took the car back and they have installed the dual zone climate control. I think the previous owner must have has some work carried out on the part of the dash with the temperature selector on it. That's what the dealer thought anyway.

On a separate note I contacted HUK to ask them to confirm what spec my car left their factory with. The first two answers were single zone climate control. They eventually said contact my dealer. I would have thought they would have been able I provide a more definitive answer.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts