·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumfriesshire Run

Run from Edinburgh to Langholm
Sunday 19th September

Organising a run down through Dumfriesshire on Sunday 19th September.​

Meeting at Hermiston Gait outside Currys at 9.45am for 10.00am.
Planning on approx 2 hours driving and then stop somewhere for lunch (exact place still being researched by SC07 Civic & Typerkid) and after lunch the remainder of the route.​

Route will follow the A7 down through Galashiels, Selkirk and Hawick to Langholm, then we will take the B709 from Langholm up through Westerkirk, Davington, Ettrick, Mountbenger, Traquair, Innerleithen and Heriot eventually rejoining the A7 and back to the Edinburgh City Bypass and then make our way home from there.​

Length of run will be about 154 miles and 4 hours driving for the journey from Hermiston Gait and back plus whatever mileage it takes to get to the meeting point.​

If you fancy this wee jaunt add you name to the list below​

1. dmacg69
2. SC07 Civic
3. Typerkid
6.​

·
Registered
58 Posts
Really looking forward to this one and fairly short by our recent standards! I've plotted the route on AutoRoute and attach the map below.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
that's the second day of the rebelmotorsportclub one week tour of scotland which we are all sooooo looking forward to :D but i believe we will be making our way from orton in cumbria up to fort william so we will be west of you but have a good run guys :)

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still got plenty time to get your name down for this run

1. dmacg69
2. SC07 Civic
3. Typerkid
4. Dunnichen (I'll be breaking off at Dumfries, the folks stay there)
5. boyscotty

·
TIMMEH!!!!!!
580 Posts
have a nice run guys, can't make it, on holiday

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nobody else wanting to go for this wee jaunt, or even meet up enroute.

Still got plenty time to get your name down for this run

1. dmacg69
2. SC07 Civic
3. Typerkid
5. boyscotty

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Oh not long till the run getting quite excited, good to see a couple of new names down.

My old Prelude is needing some new brakes dont know if all have these in place so perhaps I will be in a golf again :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh not long till the run getting quite excited.
Yeah, know what you mean.......this year has been quite poor on the run/meet front so I'm really looking forward to this aswell.

perhaps I will be in a golf again.
And probably getting about 60 mpg again..... Miss Daisy springs to mind ;)

Could all those with their name down, please confirm if you are still going by Friday at the latest, this way we will not be hanging around waiting on someone who is not coming :rolleyes:

1. dmacg69 (confirmed)
2. SC07 Civic
3. Typerkid
5. boyscotty

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I have a works night out the 18th, chances are im gonna get proper trollyed so I may not make it. The folks are missing out also...sos! I will make someday, properly promise like :-|
the demon drink :popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Earlier I think I mentioned theres a weatherspoons pub in Galasheils speaking to a friend whos family live there it appears there is no parking close to it so I think that rules it out.

So was given the name of a hotel, Kingsnowles TD1 3HY which apparantly does "fantastic" pub food, its a wee bit off route but not far also mentioned was a wee place called Herges on the loch, TD1 3RP

Looking forward to the morning think the weathers to be pretty mixed like today so hopefully we will get lots of sunshine

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm also looking forward to our wee jaunt tomorrow and I suppose the weather will be what it is, but here's hoping for a bit of sun.

I don't know if eating in Galashiels will be too early.... I was thinking somewhere around Langholm around the halfway point..... bound to be somewhere that will do pub lunches.

So I'll see you at Hermiston Gate at 9.45 am...... It'll be a bit like a Top Gear challenge waiting to see what you'll turn up in :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
If we set off at 1000hrs, we will reach Galashiels by 1100hrs and Langholm by 1200hrs.

Two places do food at Langholm; Douglas Hotel at 86 High Street (Restaurants in Dumfriesshire: The Douglas Hotel Restaurant Langholm Dumfriesshire) and Eskdale Hotel, Market Place, High Street. The Douglas Hotel appears to have a good write-up about their food (The Douglas Hotel - Google Maps), . Hopefully, they will do lunch.

The journey from Langholm to Heriot on the B709 will take approx 1hr 45 min plus any photo opportunities and back to Edinburgh 30 minutes later. We'll be back home well in time for tea!

According to the BBC this evening, it's going to be soggy in the morning, but drying out throughout the day. So much for cleaning the car today...

See you all tomorrow.

I'm also looking forward to our wee jaunt tomorrow and I suppose the weather will be what it is, but here's hoping for a bit of sun.

I don't know if eating in Galashiels will be too early.... I was thinking somewhere around Langholm around the halfway point..... bound to be somewhere that will do pub lunches.

So I'll see you at Hermiston Gate at 9.45 am...... It'll be a bit like a Top Gear challenge waiting to see what you'll turn up in :D

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Ive had a night ooot and plastered is me, no chance tomro lads lol :pPP

Enjoy"!! Il be thinkingf aboot ya when IM zzzzzedding it lol

hehehhehee
ya mad steamer :cool:

See you chaps soon, just leaving soon

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chi n Ronnie, See you guys in about an hour.

Dunnichen...... hope yer heids loupin today ;)

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Hope there is photos to follow after today.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts