2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 08 civic type r gt satnav
is it possible to replace the satnav dvd with a standard dvd player so that movies can be watched through the in dash screen, or even an x box or wii, or would this interfere with the in car voice control.??

and my second question
does the cd radio player have the extra connections on the back to wire in a base and amp
i have the upgraded base speakers already fitted, but would prefere to have less base in them so that i can turn them up more
hope this makes sense to somebody
thanks
stu

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
i have an 08 civic type r gt satnav
is it possible to replace the satnav dvd with a standard dvd player so that movies can be watched through the in dash screen, or even an x box or wii, or would this interfere with the in car voice control.??

and my second question
does the cd radio player have the extra connections on the back to wire in a base and amp
i have the upgraded base speakers already fitted, but would prefere to have less base in them so that i can turn them up more
hope this makes sense to somebody
thanks
stu
Simple answer to DVD question is No. You need a seperate video feed to fool the satnav. There are plenty of solutions on site(http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/7772-how-connect-video-source-navigation-system.html) but you will need to be quite techy. Failing that you could spend £240 online for a ready made solution...think it's NavTV. Anyway why would you want to play a Wii in a car ???.

2nd question....no idea...not into adding subs etc. Good luck anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts