2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey am new to forum and wanted to share the results of dying the grey bumpers on my Type S GT. They had been driving me mad for months and ruined the look of the car. Was unable to track down the much documented Plasticare Bumper dye so instead opted for Wurth Black bumper dye - about £28.00. Is a little expensive but after trying various bumper treatments (Most just being waxes or gels) I took a plunge as most only lasted a few weeks.

Well results so far are great and really recommend - especially on a black car or anything with S bodykit, looks a thousand times better!
It does smear somewhat so when you apply you have to take care as it dries very quickly. A kitchen sponge seems to work best.
Glad to hear results last a very long time after applying though from some on the forum.

Would anyone be able to recommend any other product to apply on it who has done this themselves?, in order to deepen the black even further and prolong the time until it fades again.

Some before and after pics below.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If it's longevity you want, then i can highly recommend GYEON Q2 Trim Restorer

My Type-S trim was no where near as bad as the OP's trim, but it still required weekly treatment of the regular plastic trim treatment to keep it nice and black

I was then told about the above product, and although it is expensive for such a tiny amount, it really does go a looooong way, and lasts a good 6-8 months per treatment

I just gave mine it's 3rd treatment at the weekend and still got enough left for a 4th

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
When I bought my 08 Type S in 2011 my first mod was getting the trim and newly bought front/rear splitters colour-coded by a body shop. Car looked stunning after it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hard think why these didn't come colour coded as standard, they look so much better for it!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Didn't the facelift Type-S's come with colour coded trim, all the ones i see seem to have it, unless it was an option on the facelift models

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Yeah fairly sure facelift in 09 onwards were colour-coded. Neighbour of mine bought new 9th gen when released - back to grey trim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts