2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
I am about to change my stock stereo (without satnav) with some double din. I am thinking also to combine the disassembling of the console with installing a reverse camera.
So far, so good, but I haven't found any thread, where aftermarket reverse camera offers dynamic guidelines support like the stock ones for any Civic 8th gen.
I found that there are some additional modules, which are connected between the camera and the display and offer such parking assistance, but couldn't find any for my Civic FK2.
Does any of you know option of which device is this "dynamic guidelines" - the camera or the double din device?
Also does any of you have such option on his aftermarket installation of reverse camera and double din multimedia?
Any answer would be highly appreciated!
Thank you in advance.
Lyubo

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Hi Lyubo, my understanding is that the dynamic lines on newer cars are all integrated with the sensors that detect the position of the front wheels or steering column. I don't believe that the civic 8th gen has these kind of sensors so don't think it would be possible to retrofit.

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lyubo, my understanding is that the dynamic lines on newer cars are all integrated with the sensors that detect the position of the front wheels or steering column. I don't believe that the civic 8th gen has these kind of sensors so don't think it would be possible to retrofit.

Paul

Hi mate, as more as I read up about that topic, i am understanding the same as you explained. That is why I will postpone the "upgrade" of my car with such functionality, until i realize do I really need it.
Thank you ! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
@Civic_Outcast no dynamic lines bend with the direction of the steering wheel to show whether the angle you're taking would put you in the parking space you're aiming for. In your example, like on my car, these would be static. It's generally on more modern cars that have the reversing camera as an option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "Dynamic Lines". Do you means these lines ?

If so they they are integrated into the camera

Thanks Mate for the pic, but as Paul_s said, the dynamic lines are moving with the rotation of the steering wheel. As I read so far, this option is taking information from the angle of rotation of the front wheels and the dimensions of the car also... I found a whole kit for the VAG's group vehicles, which contains the rear camera, the navigation display and one additional box, which simulates all other variables to get these dynamic lines.. In our case - all we can have is the lines on your pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts