2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys,

I was in at Honda today for the rusty roof recall..........all was fine and then it was down to Triple H Performance in Irvine to have the FN2 remap by Henry.

Now........I only have an HKS RSK and Flash Pro so wasn't expecting much in the way of gains, I was more looking for a bit more throttle response and a smoother rev range all round.

We started off (with me in the passenger seat holding the laptop! :D) and we did a run on the stock map with the HKS and we got 224bhp!! :eek: Now today was an extremely good day for tuning due to the cold temperature and the air pressure being roughly 1010mbar, but even still I was shocked it got that.

After a fair bit of tweaking and various runs we managed to get 228bhp :D

I have uploaded the dyno run for torque figures as well but over all I'm very happy with the results. The drive home was excellent, very smooth power delivery and much more responsive through the mid range.

Henry was a great guy, he talked me through the whole process explaining what he was doing and how he was doing it ;)

Well here's the graph, thanks for reading.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, that's what Henry said too! ;) To be fair, I'm more than happy with the results and at my age I'm too old for loud and raspy mani's!

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
228 with only HKS RSK, that sounds amazing! I might be stupid but the graph only shows around 200 as max, or this is at the wheels? :eek:

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Im sorry but 228bhp with just an RSK?? I doubt it

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Those numbers are definitely impressive.

Reactions: alidroy

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DC, yeah thats at the wheels. Guitar, I know what your saying, Henry did say that it wouldn't be that on a summers day with 25 degree heat, It was more the fact that today was very cold. He said prob about 215 on a hot day but who knows.

I'm just happy with the way it drives now rather than figures.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
That dyno figure does sound ominous, a wise man once told me to ignore dyno figures and enjoy how it feels to drive. Dyno figures are alright for willy waving just enjoy the noise the RSK makes and how the car feels :).

My car has RRC, RSK, tegiwa manifold, milltek catback + map @ tdi north and its only making 236bhp..on paper thats nothing but it pulls so much harder than it did when it was stock and feels a lot better.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Modd exactly! That what I was saying, I'm more surprised than anyone! But your right, it's how it drives and feels which is what I got it done for in the first place. Dobe, yeah was a nice drive back! Great response and feel through all the gears! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Excellent result :) Looks like a nice smooth torque curve too. High pressure and temperatures close to 0 degrees would give quite a few more bhp than a reading corrected to standard temperature (20C) and pressure, so those figures obtained today look quite believeable to me

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Don't worry about the numbers. worry about the shape and area under the curve and the difference before and after :)

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys, yeah mid range is great now and as I said before, much smoother and more responsive! :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts