2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
mine was tuned when stock, saw gains everywhere. Make sure whoever tunes it aims for the fuel status to be in open loop at WOT.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Make sure whoever tunes it aims for the fuel status to be in open loop at WOT.
Not necessarily as you maybe loosing quite a lot of power..... And economy if you do.
MAP tuning obviously yes. MAF is debatable. Your supposed to use the WOT trim to pull fuelling back if you can't achieve required AFR but that may also force it back out of open loop.
Set it what the book says and just watch your AFR go megga rich! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Not necessarily as you maybe loosing quite a lot of power..... And economy if you do.
MAP tuning obviously yes. MAF is debatable. Your supposed to use the WOT trim to pull fuelling back if you can't achieve required AFR but that may also force it back out of open loop.
Set it what the book says and just watch your AFR go megga rich! ;)
I stand corrected then, mine went into open loop at WOT today, is this wrong?

Is mine MAP or MAF?

·
Mugenised C/W
936 Posts
does tdi north have the same policy as tdi south, if you cant get a better map they wont charge you?
I believe so.

Perhaps Paul could offer an opinion based on my mods and changes to intake as i am sure he must have tested both?

Mega journey for me but I have done it once before when I had my DC5
a couple of years ago that had full Mugen kit including the sports cat.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I stand corrected then, mine went into open loop at WOT today, is this wrong?

Is mine MAP or MAF?
it's like this ash. There a correct way to tune a k20z4 and there is the wrong way.

the correct way is never puting the car at wot runing at closed loop.

some don't know how to this tuning maf and make the car runing at closed loop at wot. Why? bacause the AFR will be good and will give you nice dyno numbers.

So if runing our car at closed loop makes the car runing good afr why is not good?
Because if the AFR sensor goes bad (as usual...) the ecu will put or take fuel to an incorrect and dangerous value. The datalog will give you incorrect reading because the sensor is bad and the true value is different. the true value can be 9.1 or 17.1 for example. Next a big bang and same smoke.

honda never put our car runing closed loop at wot because of this.

some don't know that wot compensantion values can't be changed more than same value.

for those that tune but don't know or don't care, hondata gives the reply: "With the WOT compensation tables you can't go any leaner than about 12.5 otherwise the ECU will not switch to open loop at wot"

but i'am not a tuner, so...

·
Registered
2,417 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Smell, yes its worth it, unless you are thinking of getting a few more mods in the very near future, if so, get your bits and get a remap done after that.

i'd bet my b0ll0cks to a barndance that Paul will make more power anytime anywhere with FN2's, he has tuned the most in the country and has been mapping my cars for about the last 7 years.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Smell, yes its worth it, unless you are thinking of getting a few more mods in the very near future, if so, get your bits and get a remap done after that.

i'd bet my b0ll0cks to a barndance that Paul will make more power anytime anywhere with FN2's, he has tuned the most in the country and has been mapping my cars for about the last 7 years.
bens only saying this as he wants browny points with his boss :rolleyes:......................... but he is right haha

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
it's like this ash. There a correct way to tune a k20z4 and there is the wrong way.

the correct way is never puting the car at wot runing at closed loop.

some don't know how to this tuning maf and make the car runing at closed loop at wot. Why? bacause the AFR will be good and will give you nice dyno numbers.

So if runing our car at closed loop makes the car runing good afr why is not good?
Because if the AFR sensor goes bad (as usual...) the ecu will put or take fuel to an incorrect and dangerous value. The datalog will give you incorrect reading because the sensor is bad and the true value is different. the true value can be 9.1 or 17.1 for example. Next a big bang and same smoke.

honda never put our car runing closed loop at wot because of this.

some don't know that wot compensantion values can't be changed more than same value.

for those that tune but don't know or don't care, hondata gives the reply: "With the WOT compensation tables you can't go any leaner than about 12.5 otherwise the ECU will not switch to open loop at wot"

but i'am not a tuner, so...
100% correct

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Nice one mate. I just want some mild mods while it's still under warranty and then I'll have a look at it again.

Do you know anything about the SEEKER air scoop for the FN2 apparently it fits on the OEM airbox and works like the Mugen intake?
http://www.tougedistribution.com/imagefarm/product.image/000-SEEK-FN2-012.jpg

1 - 20 of 73 Posts