2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
您看了
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres a little story for you.....

I went on the Honda site in early december last year to have a look at the coming soon 2006 Civic. Loved what I saw so tried out the "Ask Honda" feature and chatted to an adviser.

At the time cars had just started to filter to dealers but Honda Reading (for example) had their cars out of site and wernt allowed to show customers. The honda adviser told me that not only could I view the car in Guildford, but the dealer had been allowed to register a car for the road and I was allowed a test drive. Couple of days latter I was given the keys to a galaxy grey ES model and told to "bring it back in an hour or so, have fun" :D

Loved the car so got chatting to the salesman about possible deals etc. We went through and did the old part ex value thing on my old car (Smart Roadster) talked options (floor mats, metallic paint) and spec (Ex).

Once we hit the deal we both liked we hit a dead end. Official launch was 14th Jan..... 6 weeks or so away (it was December the 10th) but part ex value could only be honoured for 3 weeks.

Bugger... went home a bit miffed but decided to wait and see what the score was in Janurary.

Next day I got a call from the Dealer with great news. He had called Honda and discussed the situation with them and they had sent him a fax (which I have a copy of) allowing him to release "my car" early should I still wish to go ahead with the deal :shock: :D

So I paid the deposit over the phone and on the 21st of Janurary picked up my Nighthawk black Civic 1.8 i-Vtec EX.......

So do I own the "oldest" 2006 Civic on here? Or are there others with similar stories?

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
You may well own the "oldest" civic here, but..........I reckon I've driven the oldest :)

The loaner one I had (which came from Honda UK CS) was registered last October!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Good effort - shows what can be done, especially with a keen salesman.

Had a similar thing about, er 10 years ago with the Porsche Boxster. I managed to find myself top of the list for the car at launch (long story). The first 10 customer cars were delivered (1 each to 10 dealers) at the end of Dec 96, but with strict instruction that the cars were not to be registered until 97. One night, me and the dealer were prodding and poking the car, and we thought sod it, and registered it the next morning. So I had the first Boxster, and we think the only 1996 Boxster at that.

box1.jpg

I even hosted the first Boxster "review" website in 97 - happy days! It's on my server somewhere - I could even pop it on here for a laugh (well, for you lot to laugh at me, 1997 web stuff is a bit different to current trends).

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I have the oldest 2006 I'm sure, Ordered and deposit paid for in October 05 yes October 05, then picked up from dealer in Letchworth 15th December 05. I was told by the dealer he wasn't meant to sell until the 14th Jan 06 but because my order was Tax Free (Based in Germany RAF) I could have it early and drive it back to Germany. This was all great until now I here you can get glass roof and leather on the EX which I wish I could have had but hey £12800.00 for and EX in Galaxy isn’t bad!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mine hit the road on 25/11/05.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I don't think these are as rare as people think. I ordered mine 31st December and it was delivered 16th Jan.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You've been an owner longer than me though Colin. I bought it at the beginning of Sept '06; ex Honda management car.

·
Registered
251 Posts
So.. um.. did you have any problems with it? :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
So.. um.. did you have any problems with it?
If you're asking me, than a rattle I couldn't hear from a window (door seal) and shocks replaced by the dealer (before they started making a noise).

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I should have had the oldest.

I tried in March 05 to register for one soon after its 'announcement' at the Geneva show.

The dealer 'took' my order, but couldn't supply.

'Cos I wanted i-Shift I had to wait 'til May 06 for delivery.

Worth waiting for tho'

Meanwhile I'm making a fortune out of these dusters.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"Age to women is like Krytonite to Superman!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I caught sight of the new civic touring the NW dealerships last Oct ( twas in sunny Blackpool) Gobsmacked does not describe how I felt, knew there and then that I wanted one so had to pester the dealer for one of his brochures / price lists. Test drove one in mid November and collected my 1.8 EX on 14/12/2005. Loved the dumbstruck looks on peoples faces at traffic lights as they gawped at the "shuttle" dash and the satnav screen.

·
Registered
71 Posts
ooops :oops: will edit.
ooops no it won't let me
30/11/05[/quote a privatly owned civic. not a ex demo :?:
I know what you mean. But just to be awkward. It is privately owned and not a company car. And even being registered in 2005 you could say it is a 2006 model, because companies do call products the following years model. Not sure that makes sense but it does happen.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts