2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the main honda number the other day and they said that an updated sat nav dvd came out a month or so ago with a few extra countries on. I enquired with my dealer and as normal they didnt get back to me after saying they would (worst car dealership around by the way).

I drive out to Greece 3 times a year and it only takes me as far as the austrian-hungarian border. Does anyone know of this? Also i asked in Greece in april and they said a sat nav version is being released there in september, and an austrian dealer said that a disc does exist for eastern europe. It is a strange topic as you get different answers from everyone you ask!!

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am also waiting for Eastern Europe map. My dealer said that it will com out only in the beginning of next year. I will call them today and ask is there some changes :)).

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I would go for an average of the answers... The new DVD appears normally in September, and if the maps will be extended then they will be on that disc (3.07?).

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Hi,
I am also interested about the Greek map. Do you know if the map includes even street details?

I have an 1.8 EX version but without SATNAV. Do you know the average cost of putting it as addon?

Is SATNAV a better solution that the market handheld GPS/NAV systems?

Is it a cost effective solution if you compare it again with the market handheld GPS/NAV systems?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Hi,
I am also interested about the Greek map. Do you know if the map includes even street details?

I have an 1.8 EX version but without SATNAV. Do you know the average cost of putting it as addon?

Is it a cost effective solution if you compare it again with the market handheld GPS/NAV systems?

Thanks
You can´t add it as an addon, it´s a factory option only.
With regard to cost effective, a aftermarket option is better.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
From what I have seen of the Honda coverage on my EX, I would think you are far better off with 1 of the hand-held units, at least here in Ireland they seem to offer far greater/more detailed coverage than the Honda system :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TBH I much prefer the built in sat nav. I cant stand the portable 1's but thats just me. I have never had a problem with it all round Europe.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I had a 3000€ Pioneer after market in my previous car, worthless piece of junk. I also have a Mio hand-held piece of junk (use it on my bike).

The Honda satnav is by far superiour in operation, functionality, screen, speed of update, acuracy...
People that say that their after market is better, simply never tested the Honda one! (or could not afford one).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I havent tried it in roi, its weird how it so bad though, because they have done a good job everywhere else! Your missing out!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
trying to add Honda sat nav as a fit afterwards would be a complete nightmare :(

You would need:
New top dash part (with the LCD screen in it)
New Sat Nav DVD player
New dash front (with the jog dial in the middle) - probably
New steering wheel (with the voice buttons on it) - probably
metres of wiring (probably)
GPS mouse (no idea how it connects to the system)

some method of telling the car that you have Sat Nav fitted

If you go for it - big kudos! :D

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I thought that Honda could do it for me!!!! unless the price is very high comparing to other solutions. Do you have any idea for the price?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I thought that Honda could do it for me!!!! unless the price is very high comparing to other solutions. Do you have any idea for the price?
Don´t think they will.
You can ask, but I think they will say no.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have a ex with sat nav i dont know what that rio is but whatever i prefer to use tomtom it will show u what speed you are doing how far to go and what time you will get there also speed cameras it also point in the direction you are going so is there something rong my sat nav in the ex aint set up right

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can change it to point the way you are going, read your manual and it will tell you. I personally prefer it to show me the real direction i am travelling with north upwards, as it gives me a better idea of where i am and stuff, especially on my journeys to Greece!

It also tells you how long until you get there on the left hand side!

Roi is Republic of Ireland by the way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts