2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't have anything else to do on Monday, so before and after having tea with the family, I put two coats of Meguiar's NXT Wax on the car.
Just love the way the Galaxy Grey sparkles in the sun and actually changes color depending on the viewing angle. The pictures only capture half of it! Really glad I decided to go with the Galaxy instead of NHB. [smilie=cool.gif]

The last one is a shot of my new and my old baby together, unfortunately have to part with the latter soon... [smilie=crying.gif]

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice mate! Recommend the NXT wax then?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice mate! Recommend the NXT wax then?
Yeah, definitely! It is really easy to apply and buff out, that's why I did two coats! I am also really pleased with most other Meguiar's NXT products, except for the Spray Wax, don't really get along with that...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouch, that was mean!

I like!

:D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The make is "OZ" (italian wheel company, http://www.oz-racing.de), the model is called "Canova", the size is 8 x 19.
Not the cheapest but they look amazing on the car. I got them also because I think the shape of the spokes somehow reflects the shape of the rear turn-signals (understand what I mean? It's hard to describe...). :stupido3:

·
Registered
22 Posts
The make is "OZ" (italian wheel company, http://www.oz-racing.de), the model is called "Canova", the size is 8 x 19.
Not the cheapest but they look amazing on the car. I got them also because I think the shape of the spokes somehow reflects the shape of the rear turn-signals (understand what I mean? It's hard to describe...). :stupido3:
I know just what you mean, and I really like them, so much so that Im starting to consider swapping out my 18" Blades! Since the OZ's are 19" did you make any modification to make them fit? I have a Type-S and would look to get hold of the same wheels here in the UK.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Swap the Blades?? Are you mad??! [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
What a Babe

Love the colour:)

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
I know just what you mean, and I really like them, so much so that Im starting to consider swapping out my 18" Blades! Since the OZ's are 19" did you make any modification to make them fit? I have a Type-S and would look to get hold of the same wheels here in the UK.
Always willing to give a set of Blades a new home :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the compliments guys!

noTHINGface, don't let them stop you! Although I'm risking to become real unpopular here, but I don't even like the Blades that much. I mean they look good, no question about that, but there are numerous other wheels like them. But that's a matter of personal preferences of course.
The great thing about the OZ wheels is that there is no modification required! There is a certificate that comes with them and they comply with german regulations, which are very strict! [smilie=copper.gif]

·
Rusty Nut!
614 Posts
Why is it everytime I've seen a galaxy grey civic it looks anything but grey? When I first saw one I assumed it was bronzey I reckon it should be called bronzish grey.
All but one of lo/rez's pics make it look grey. Im confused :confused: doesnt take much! Nice pics though!

·
Registered
22 Posts
The great thing about the OZ wheels is that there is no modification required! There is a certificate that comes with them and they comply with german regulations, which are very strict! [smilie=copper.gif]

Great - thanks. I'll take a look about and see if I can source some of these here in the UK. Thanks for the info lo/rez.

·
Registered
147 Posts
How I regret that I was so impatient. I also considered buying OZ Canova but at the time I wanted to buy it (October 2006) there was not certificate for Civic issued yet.
Wheels look really great. Their shape goes perfectly with sharp edges of Civic's body.
And a colour is also a good one (well, I have the same - it seems to be subjective). Before I bought mine I had compared a black one with a galaxy grey Civic and decided to go for a grey (btw thanks to a Honda garage in Lampertsheim-Huttenfeld for tests drives).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know, the certificate for the Civic was very new when I bought the wheels in march. The dealer I ordered them from didn't even have them in his computer yet. He had to call his supplier and then, because he didn't have any data on them, quoted me a price that was a lot cheaper than all the internet dealers I had looked at! Needless to say I immediately ordered them (big smile on my face)! :D

I went to the same Honda dealer in Huettenfeld than you but decided to buy the car in Mannheim instead because it is closer to where I live.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts