2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me a run down on what I need to lower my Type s 2.2.

I know I need to buy and fit the springs

but do i need any other parts?

is it just a case of fitting the springs then jobs a good one or do I need to do get settings or something changed?

Sorry if I'm being an obvious neewbie!!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
You don't NEED anything other than the springs (they come with new bump stops) - but "FRS" (the front at least) is recommended …

Reactions: ryanxstewart

·
9,228 Posts
thanks, FRS?? why is it recommended?
You're changing the suspension geometry , so you should at least have a (laser) alignment check - and front FRS is then a good and cheap idea …

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
You'll need camber bolts and rear shims, and of course setting properly :)

The Eibach coil-over suspension kit is worth considering of the budget is available.

2,111 Posts
Unless you're going hard in corners, I wouldn't recommend a FRS...

You'll set the wheel geometry to a little bit of negative camber, so the inside of your tyres will wear quicker than the rest and tyre life will decrease quite a lot...

You don't need this when driving "normal" on the road... When you want to race through the streets, taking corners at the max (or going on track days), than FRS could be an idea...

Or if you want to take it too far... lol :p

·
9,228 Posts
Unless you're going hard in corners, I wouldn't recommend a FRS ... You'll set the wheel geometry to a little bit of negative camber, so the inside of your tyres will wear quicker than the rest and tyre life will decrease quite a lot ... You don't need this when driving "normal" on the road... When you want to race through the streets, taking corners at the max (or going on track days), than FRS could be an idea ... Or if you want to take it too far... lol :p
I wouln't agree with that - I had a full FRS done by ABP - I particularly specified that I was looking for 'brisk' and occasionally high-speed road use - stability \ handling vastly improved ...

This was in 2009, and I still had the OEM Michelin tyres fitted - earlier this month, I changed all four tyres (for Conti SportContact 3) - the wear was absolutely even across the tyres - no worn out edge at all ! ...

FRS isn't just for aggressively changed camber (in fact, it can be set to whatever you desire) - it also allows you to set the LH and RH wheels on each axle to the same precise setting, which they are often not, when they leave the factory (Honda tolerances are rather 'sloppy') ...

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
The basic idea is you need camber bolts in order to keep your tyre wear to a minimum its up to you if you want frs or just the geometry but i would advise getting one done. ive lowered a car 60mm before and my tyres lasted about 3k miles so when i get mine done im getting the geometry done also.

Reactions: ryanxstewart
1 - 9 of 9 Posts