2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Gooner4Life
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

OK, here's the long and short of the story...

I had a Sony PSP (PlayStationPortable) that I've had since they first came out. Used it a handful of times and it's lay in a drawer for ages.

Decided in November I was going to stick it on eBay as it was just something I wanted rid of and didn't really want to bin.

As with all of my electronic toys, I keep them in good condition so I dug it out, fired it on to make sure it was still working and everything. Everything all good, fully charged it and done a system update, still worked as good as the day I got it.

Sold it on eBay with 3 games, case, charger, original box, etc around about the 17th November.

The buyer said it arrived and everything looked in great condition (as it would)

I get an email the other day saying that they can't seem to load any of the games and would like to return.

I consulted eBay online help about this and they said I'm not under any obligation to take it back or refund as I listed it as 'no returns accepted' and as long as what I sold was as I described I had no obligation to do anything.

I mailed the buyer back to ask them exactly what the problem was and I got an email back saying that they have tried 2 or 3 different games and none of them seem to be working. The bought a couple of other PSPs and they work fine so it must be my console.

Anyone got any advice? How do I know that the console they are sending back is mine? They might have got a duffer from elsewhere and just trying to fob me off with a dodgy one!

The fact they've left it over a month is concerning too. I'm really not convinced my console was dodgy. Being a tad OCD with keeping things good and I'm certainly not going to sell something that doesn't work. Not my style.

Cheers
DP

· #MrGrumpy
12,837 Posts
As it's been such a long time, and you've no way of proving what they are sending back is yours, I would not accept it back - if you are 100% certain it was in full working order when you posted it then it's the buyer chancing their arm.

· more torque than the mrs
6,656 Posts
think if he files a dispute within 45 days with paypal then he is 99% guaranteed to get a refund, had this happen to me when i first joined ebay but lucky for me i took all the serial numbers etc, i said to the buyer as long as the numbers and security pen markings match when i get the item back i will refund ..never did see the item again.

ebay is potentially a money making scam on certain gadgets you could buy a working item from a seller swap all the insides over and send you back their faulty goods,

hope you get it sorted good luck.

· Premium Member
349 Posts
To be honest I wouldn't refund either they have had it that long they could have done anything to it you stated no returns so your covered I had a similar thing last Xmas bought my son a brand new remote controlled helicopter wasn't working due to it being Xmas and the weather we couldn't test but finally did it was faulty the seller played me along until I was just over the 45 days got nothing back lost £80 out it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Gaz
646 Posts
Yer, ive had the same problems, I didnt give a refund as my item "was as described" the buyer accused me of selling fakes etc (they wernt) and after a few days, they gave up.

Probably trying to fob me off sending a fake item back!

If they really had an issue they would of opened a case against you and done it within a few days. Just ignore any future messages, they cant leave you negative feedback.

· Supporter
3,095 Posts
Too late now but noting or photographing serial number and an ID with an ultra violet marker would provide some sort of security.

I would advise that it was working fine and you have a witness, that they have left it too long to inform you of the "issue" and that you will not be refunding. Problem is ebay is all for the buyer these days and you could still end up out of pocket, I do not bother selling anything anymore, too much hassle, too many scammers, too expensive and fraught with problems for seller.
If it sold on the 17th it would appear to be out with the 45 day period, as for buying other psp's! really, why? Appreciate they could have a few children but more than one of the same item sounds particularly convenient to back u the fact the games work elsewhere but not in yours.

· Premium Member
284 Posts
As mentioned above, I too wouldn't accept it back. They've waited that long, where do you draw the line? Couple of days, a week after sale, fine. But longer than a month, 2 months, 6 months a year. Where's the line in the sand? Anything could've gone wrong, they could've done anything, water damage? Who knows.
And on the flip side, it's an old piece of equipment, it's years old, it may have worked then, may have worked for a month of playing then packed up. I'm afraid that's the chances you take on a web based auction site where you can't physically test the devices.

Loads of scams on eBay, non postage, seller does a runner, faulty/fake items. That's the t'interweb for you.

I'm still awaiting on my turtles keyring, since 20th December. It seems Michelangelo is lost in the post!!

· Gooner4Life
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers guys.

I think I'm just going to ignore any messages from them from now on. It does seem a tad strange that they would buy another couple of PSP's them try and return mine.

As I say, I'd never sell anything to anyone that wasn't in perfect working condition, not in my nature.

If they have that big an issue, I'll let them take it up with eBay.

Cheers again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.