1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
293 Posts
Having researched things a bit more I think the cable would probably work with HDS

The only question is whether the diesel 1.6 is supported. I've sent the ebay seller a message asking them to confirm this. If they do confirm I'm thinking of buying this and see if I can get it set up, I've done a lot with vehicle diagnostics with my BMWs and also VAG so it should be possible.

If anyone has any experiences or knowledge to add please post here :)

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having researched things a bit more I think the cable would probably work with HDS

The only question is whether the diesel 1.6 is supported. I've sent the ebay seller a message asking them to confirm this. If they do confirm I'm thinking of buying this and see if I can get it set up, I've done a lot with vehicle diagnostics with my BMWs and also VAG so it should be possible.

If anyone has any experiences or knowledge to add please post here :)
Keep us posted then Sasquatch. Every reader I've bought so far did not work with my 2.2 or 1.6 :crying:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm pretty sure my generic bluetooth dongle and Torque app on my phone works OK

This is all you need if you just want to read engine fault codes and clear them.

Is this all you want to do ?

If so I can check for sure whether it works on mine or not. I think the dongle was under a fiver off ebay and the Torque app is free.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty sure my generic bluetooth dongle and Torque app on my phone works OK

This is all you need if you just want to read engine fault codes and clear them.

Is this all you want to do ?

If so I can check for sure whether it works on mine or not. I think the dongle was under a fiver off ebay and the Torque app is free.
I have one of those but I have an iPhone not something with Android on it.. That's right, all I want to do is to be able to read codes and delete them once any problem that arises is sorted.
If you could let me know if it works on the 1.6 that would be goods as my contract is almost up so may be a Samsung on the horizon.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Will do. The Honda is my wife's car so might be a while before I get chance but will definitely test it out for you.

Even if you're an iPhone user it's worth getting an old Android phone just for this sort of thing. As long as it has bluetooth it should work, wouldnt think you'd even need a SIM card in it

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
OBD Is underneath the steering wheel, on the left - Stick your head in the footwell and you'll be able to see it.

Any Cheapo ELM Scanner will be able to read and clear standard codes, but you will need a HDS for any SRS / ESP / ABS Etc. errors.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have one of those but I have an iPhone not something with Android on it.. That's right, all I want to do is to be able to read codes and delete them once any problem that arises is sorted.
If you could let me know if it works on the 1.6 that would be goods as my contract is almost up so may be a Samsung on the horizon.

will do on 1.6 with torque app

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will look to get a cheapo Android based phone and see if this works.

I've asked the question to sellers on eBay and Amazon for readers on sale and keep getting "I Don't know".

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
293 Posts
I tried my dongle last night and although it works in that the dials etc (ie live data) perform as expected is doesn't read any fault codes.

I'm slightly skeptical that there are no codes stored at all (although I have had no problems so it's possible this is true) so need to try on another car

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I tried my dongle last night and although it works in that the dials etc (ie live data) perform as expected is doesn't read any fault codes.

I'm slightly skeptical that there are no codes stored at all (although I have had no problems so it's possible this is true) so need to try on another car
Have you got the free app or did you pay for the full version, I think the free one only lets you see data.

·
Registered
115 Posts

I have cleared codes on my 1.6 DTEC using the Torque app and a cheap ELM adaptor...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Another alternative if you have one is a laptop with bluetooth and the same cheapo ELM devices, Windows software is available online.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts