2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
But they are/were easily tuneable. There was no real requirement for 400bhp back in the day, when most hot hatches barely had 100bhp. Remember the fuss the Lotus Carlton created when it came along, what was that 370bhp? It was mentioned in the Houses of Parliament, where they wanted it banned lol.
Got shredded by a Lotus Carlton on the A21 near Tunbridge Wells one night back in the '90s
I was in my Vx Calibra doing about 100 and he just sailed past into the dark, all I saw was the badge on the back.

·
Registered
Champ White Type-R GT
2,532 Posts
But they are/were easily tuneable. There was no real requirement for 400bhp back in the day, when most hot hatches barely had 100bhp. Remember the fuss the Lotus Carlton created when it came along, what was that 370bhp? It was mentioned in the Houses of Parliament, where they wanted it banned lol.
mmm now thats a special paintjob :) used to be one in my home town a beast

·
Registered
Honda Civic Sport Plus 1.5 petrol 10th Gen 2018
59 Posts
I haven't driven many cars and I would say Honda Civic 1.5 Manual is probably the best one. Started with a Yaris 1.0, moved to company vans, Ford Fiesta, Audi A3 and finally Ford Puma, all company cars except the Yaris.

·
Registered
Champ White Type-R GT
2,532 Posts
my last throw would be a Dolly Sprint in signal yellow, always fancied a dolly......the sprint would rock.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts