2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes need changing I am thinking of going for redstuff all round.

Can I just replace the oem ones with red stuff and not upgrade the brake discs ?

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Can you only get Redstuff for the Type R?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
went for the red stuff all round and 2 rear brake discs from ebc as fronts are fine.

looking forward to them coming.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Could have gone one further and got Yellow stuff pads, There are the next step up. I got them for my R with OEM disks and the stopping power compared to the rubbish stock pads was incredible. Going to get some EBC disks when the pads or disks wear out whichever is first.

The red stuff should be nice and sharp matey! you will love the difference :eek:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey,

A week on now from fitting new discs abd red stuff all round and i must say I am impressed so far. The stopping power of the car with the new upgrade from oem is brilliant. The oem really are poor in comparisson and my confidence with braking / saftey has greatly improved.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
What is stopping power like on the red stuff when cold? Do they take a while to heat up to optimum performance?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
What is stopping power like on the red stuff when cold? Do they take a while to heat up to optimum performance?
Hey matey!

Yes, they do take some warming up. If I'm going out on the B roads, I'll take it moderately at first and really pump the brake to get heat into them. Cold, they sound almost 'chalky' but once they're hot they're really effective; they're smooth and I feel very confident braking later.

I hear it takes even more heat to get anything out of Yellow Stuff and they're more for someone who takes their car regularly to track days.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have found them really good in the cold, I have only done 150 odd miles with them so far, so they aren't bedded in 100% yet.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I have found them really good in the cold, I have only done 150 odd miles with them so far, so they aren't bedded in 100% yet.

They are brilliant in any kind of weather but not as effective when THEY are cold. The pads and disks themselves need heat before they are at optimum performance.

:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts