2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
living the dream
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car failed its MOT today on front pads, I thought it might... Also got an advisory on the front discs.

Quoted me £202 ex vat to replace both but I said I'd supply my own as I'd prefer to avoid the dusty Honda pads this time.

Garage quoted £60 ex vat for them to fit the discs and pads I supply (that sound about right?), I'd consider doing it myself but weather isn't great this week and want car back in road ASAP really.

I'm trying to keep costs down and have come up with the following:
Pads: EBC Greenstuff DP21901 or EBC Yellowstuff DP41901R about £50
Discs: EBC Turbo Groove GD1367 about £150

which pad do you guys prefer? Are there other options similar price? Same with the discs?

Thanks

·
living the dream
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EBC Brakes Direct have really messed me around now saying the turbo groove discs are not in stock (interestingly stock count on site has increased by 1 since my order!!) they also say EBC themselves have non in stock.
Does anyone know a reliable seller of these? as I need them ASAP as the car is booked in on Saturday!
Thanks

·
living the dream
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wouldnt that be bad for the pads with my existing discs being a bit of a mess?

I've had a long chat with a very helpful guy at Camskill, he spoke to EBC while I was on the phone to him and got a physical warehouse check done and confirmed there were definately no GD1367 available. He explained that all discs in this price range start off as a normal disc and I semi drilled for the dimples etc and essentially started off as a normal disc unlike your typical high end ferrari discs which are cast with the holes in already etc to prevent cracking. (you lot will already know all this I guess) He did say you were paying for the name a bit with EBC and I eventually went for some black finish 8 groove front discs (made by national auto) which he said he himself used with Yellowstuff pads on his own motor (FTO). They were about £50 cheaper so I've gone for them. Apparently they dont show rust like the EBC TG, something which annoys me a lot on the OEM discs.
They sounded decent enough and he said they are made to order but should turn up before the weekend...

Will do a write up on them in a few week.

brake catalogue

·
living the dream
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow great service camskill, they got the manufacturer of the discs to ship directly to me and they turned up this morning! loving the black finish I will post some pics up tonight.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
wouldnt that be bad for the pads with my existing discs being a bit of a mess?
Can't imagine they'd be that bad as I'd just get a wire brush on the pads before using them on the new disk - or just use some really cheap pads I could toss away!

In any case, glad you got it all sorted and will be interested to see how the new discs turn out! Didn't know they were drilled afterwards rather than cast with the dimples either so learned something new today :)

·
living the dream
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
had them fit yesterday they look really good, still bedding the pads in but so far so good.

How much were the mtec blacks? I'm looking at options for the rears now!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.