2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to change my disk's from the bog standard Honda disk's to something better but don't know which one's to choose??? From people's experiences can you please give me some feedback.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I have the Turbo Grooved ones with Green Stuff pads
I choose them because I liked the look of them.
Don't really push it, so I can't tell if braking power is any better than standard discs.

They come with a protective yellow-ish zinc coating, which wears away to silver after few miles of braking, but where the pads dont touch the discs its still yellowish.

There is some 'wind noise' at around 25-50mph (even when not braking), nothing you will hear with the windows closed. But if you drive with windows open, and pass something hard like a wall or a row of parked cars you can hear the wind noise been reflected back. Its very quite though, but defo not silent.

The Green stuff gives off less brake dust than OEM pads, but the grooved discs seem to rust more than OEM discs if your car is parked and it rains. The rust comes off as soon as you drive and brake once.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much Jonathan for the feedback. The trains I maintain for a living you can hear air noise when they brake and it's something that don't bother me.

Anyone with Ultimax or have used Ultimax can give me some feedback on your experience??

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

·
Registered
387 Posts
I use Ultimax disc and greenstuff both front and rear, the noise level during braking is not noticeable, the braking power itself is much better then OEM, altho IMO there alittle more brake dust (could be the way I drive now after fitting them)
next mod is going to be steel brakelines and better brake fluid.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Now I dont have any exprence of them infact I dont even own a drev. But I may do in the furture who knows. Anyway just to throw them into the mix why not be a bit different and try the tarox jap discs and pads for the 2.2???

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I dont have any exprence of them infact I dont even own a drev. But I may do in the furture who knows. Anyway just to throw them into the mix why not be a bit different and try the tarox jap discs and pads for the 2.2???
You seen the price of those discs

Front discs £243

Rear discs £182

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I have the Turbogroove ...

There is a very little 'sussing' when driving, but no extra noise when braking, and they are very effective generally ...

As for rusting, the purer the iron in the disc, the better it works, but the faster it will develop surface rust - however, it quickly disappears as soon as you drive ...

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
You seen the price of those discs

Front discs £243

Rear discs £182
Yes I have seen the price of them as I have looked around for bits for the drev. I did not say you should get them. I was just pointing out an alternative to the EBC combos. A lot of people on here have used the EBCs and pads to good effect from what I have read. Just thought I would give a different look at something that was all.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
I got ebc gd on back with gs pads. The rust is terrible, I will say that but I am thinking of painiting the hub part and top outer diameter with satin black high temp paint from halfords.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I got ebc gd on back with gs pads. The rust is terrible, I will say that but I am thinking of painiting the hub part and top outer diameter with satin black high temp paint from halfords.
I've just bought Hammerite Black for the hubs and guards (not the disk surfaces) - already have Foliatec Gold for the calipers …

1 - 12 of 12 Posts