2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just worn down my EBC green stuff brakes, and I wonder if it is some problems to fit in the yellow stuff??

Their homepage saying that it`s only green stuff to my car. Need something that is better.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hi

I just worn down my EBC green stuff brakes, and I wonder if it is some problems to fit in the yellow stuff??

Their homepage saying that it`s only green stuff to my car. Need something that is better.
I think yellowstuff is for a performance car and when you are going to be using it on the track. I think the pads need heat in them / warmed up before they peform well.

Im not too sure about this , but think this is the case.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
I was always under the impression that yellow stuff is best for track day cars. :confused:

I went for red stuff pads all round as they are supposed to be the next best thing to geen stuff ;)

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I have the yellows on my 2.2 diesel and after a few stops they perform fantastically - even when cold they are fine but perform much better when warm/hot. fit some braided hoses as well and you will be a happy man :)

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
I have Yellow all round and it was a straight replacement from OEM pads. They are incredible even with stock disks. Like the others have said, good from cold amazing when heated up and appropriate for fast road and track. I will be getting The EBC grooved disks so it can dispatch the heat better than stock disks.
But Yellow will give great stopping power, If you went for red 1) slighty cheaper 2) will still give better stopping power over green and for your car would be plenty. :eek:

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
RedStuff front and GreenStuff rear could be a good combination for the 2.2 Diesel?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I recommend yellowstuff 100% it's the first time I have felt confident with the brakes, but do the discs, fluid etc otherwise you may be disappointed if they overheat still, I had green stuff before and they killed my oem discs and always overheated with spirited driving!

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
My yellow stuff vibrate slightly with a loud wurring sound when hot at low speed, from hard braking, high speed down to low speed? I'm confused myself about this as it's quite a loud wurring sound. Braking is excellent but the sound is a concern.

I'm thinking I may have warped discs?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
My yellow stuff vibrate slightly with a loud wurring sound when hot at low speed, from hard braking, high speed down to low speed? I'm confused myself about this as it's quite a loud wurring sound. Braking is excellent but the sound is a concern.

I'm thinking I may have warped discs?
I get the whirring noise when I am braking with hot brakes at low speed because I have grooved discs. Is this what you are hearing?

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
I get the whirring noise when I am braking with hot brakes at low speed because I have grooved discs. Is this what you are hearing?
hmmmm might be just that actually, they are grooved and drilled, it only really happens when I've cained the ***** out of them from high speed.

If I'm not the only one then I'm just worrying about nothing, cheers ;)

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
We have the yellow stuff pads on our fn2 when braking from high speed when warm they make a whirring noise too. We have the stoptech big brake upgrade on the front with the two piece drilled and grooved discs.
I find they have good initial bite but as you push harder and harder they feel like the pads are made of wood as no matter how hard i push the pedal i dont seem to get any more braking force! They feel awful.
There is plenty of meat left on both disc and pad. it has braided hoses and dot 5 fluid. dont know what can be wrong, the brakes on my crv feel 10 times better!! :confused:

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
it's a characteristic of these pads I think, not an expert but my old oem pads didn't make that noise, but i will say the yellow stuff are an improvement over them. Not sure if I would buy them again, and damned if I'm spending more money on pads.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
would rather have the ferodo ds2500's really but dont know how to check if they do them for the stoptech callipers other than calling abp. the fitment will be completely different im guessing?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts