2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just bought my first Civic, it's a 60 plate 2.2Cdti Si and I'm loving it so far.

Got one niggling question that I can't find via the search.

The Rev lights appear to be tuned for a petrol engine, only coming on at around 4.5k revs and the gear shift up and down lights dont ever come on appart from when the dash does its self test at start up.

So can the rev range be changed and should the gear up downs work?

Thanks

Mow

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
I'm positive the Rev lights only appear if you are nearly red lining it.
Not sure if the shift up and down lights are programmed to be switched on and off in the settings

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, you don't really want to (or need to) see those rev lights in a diesel.
That was my question, why were they set so high, when it cruises at 2.5K all day long.

I can't find any option to turn on or off the shift arrows?

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
I'm not sure then.
In my crz if I'm driving in normal or eco mode the arrows appear but if I'm in sport mode they don't so I dunno

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure then.
In my crz if I'm driving in normal or eco mode the arrows appear but if I'm in sport mode they don't so I dunno

Don't think mine has sports or Eco modes

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Assuming your car is an 8th gen you have two sets of lights either side of the speed display. There are six lights in each set but they light up in pairs, not individually.

On the right hand side of the speed is the eco lights. If you are driving economically (light throttle, low to mid revs) the lights will come on in pairs. The more economically you drive, the more lights you get.

On the left hand side are the rev lights. If you are driving enthusiastically (heavy throttle, high revs) you will not get any eco lights and the rev lights start coming on in pairs as you get close to the rev limiter. Treat them as a last warning to change gear before the rev limiter cuts in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes thanks i got the hang of the rev and eco lights but its the gear shift arrows that aren't coming on?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I stand corrected then. My 2008 8th gen does not have them. Maybe these were added as part of the 09 update. I assume we are talking 8th gen and not 9th?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not up on the gens yet, as mentioned before its a December 2010 car.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Just looked this up on the forum and as part of the upgrades in 2009 the shift lights were added as standard on manual cars.

There is probably someway of turning them on/off just like you can turn the rev and eco lights on/off through the info system. I guess someone with a 2009+ model maybe able to help here. Sorry I can't help further.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks that's very helpful, just wait for some new car owners to chip in!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts