2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first 200 miles I was showing 37mpg (I have a diesel). Not that good, and the engine was quite, er, dieselly. Next 200 41mpg, next 200 44 mpg, and the engine now much smoother than even the demo car.

So no need to worry for the first 500 miles, things will only get better.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
My loaner has approaching 3K on it, and getting around 50mpg with fairly normal (if slightly urban) usage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Filled up for the first time tonight at 459 miles and put in 46 litres. I make that 45.5mpg and the computer was nearly spot on with that value too. I have a iCDTI.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At 808 miles I got 44.5, curiously the computer showed 43.9. Never known an on board computer to be pessimistic!

·
Banned
44 Posts
Done a round trip to Derby and back today (30 miles ) and according to the onboard electronics, averaged 57.1 mpg. The car has 357miles on the clock and is the iCTDi. Just a bit better than my old CRV at 22 mpg.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JetJocky, have you had your right foot replaced with a feather? I managed similar after filling up (very relaxed 10 mile trip down A roads following some old duffers), but as soon as I got onto some fast dual carriageway and motorway it all headed back to 45 mpg again.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
According to the trip computer, around town I am doing about 37 mpg. Compare this to the high twenties I was getting with my last car, I am very happy. Going to London on Monday so will be able to give it a really good run on the motorway.

Is it just me but the ECO lights seem to have a calming influence on my driving style…or is it just old age…lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
59.3 MPG? BLOODY HELL!!!

I am getting between 45-50MPG consisting of mainly motorway driving. I am yet to achieve anything above 52MPG on a full tank.

What speeds are you guys doing to get over 50MPG!?!?!?!?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I am getting 43mpg from new and at present 44mpg. Mixture of motoway and city driving. Will admit to giving it a good thrashing on my way back from Birmingham yesterday :D

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm still only at 46 (47 on A roads, 45 on mway) - can't get any better even plodding at 70. I'm hoping the diesel will get better with a few miles on it (1500 at the mo).

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Pottsy said:
I'm still only at 46 (47 on A roads, 45 on mway) - can't get any better even plodding at 70. I'm hoping the diesel will get better with a few miles on it (1500 at the mo).
It does - the loaner I had was 2.5K+ and getting more than that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are these MPG figures those displayed by the onboard trip computer or by the manual way of miles travelled between brimming the tank?
My 1.8 tells me i'm getting an average of 44-45 MPG per tank but when done manually its really only 40-41 MPG. Not that this figure is at all bad for a 140BHP petrol...

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Billybobbo said:
My 1.8 tells me i'm getting an average of 44-45 MPG per tank but when done manually its really only 40-41 MPG.
same here. 40-42 by board computer, 38-40 by our own excel sheet. but getting better all the time anyway (2000 km in)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mines done 6k now and easily achieving 50+ mpg out of town 45mpg in town and I enjoy a nice pacey run away from traffic lights etc too!! My record so far is 67.2 mpg when I went for a lazy run through wales!! Very chilled out though!!

J

·
Registered
20 Posts
civicg said:
59.3 MPG? BLOODY HELL!!!

I am getting between 45-50MPG consisting of mainly motorway driving. I am yet to achieve anything above 52MPG on a full tank.

What speeds are you guys doing to get over 50MPG!?!?!?!?

Reply: Cruising at around 65 on A59, A1 and M1 and try to have light right foot leaving York and arriving in Wakefield (diificult)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts