2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

I recently brought a Honda civic 1.8 ex from a VW dealership as it was a part ex.After roughly a couple of days it developed a clutch judder when pulling away this was eventually rectified by fitting a new clutch.after recieving the car back with the new clutch a light appered on the dashboard showing a symbol of the engine.After refering to the manual it states the light symbolises an emmissions fault.A honda dealer diagnosed the fault as a tempertature heat sensor failure which the vw garage managed to rectify.since recieving the car back this light has returned.I have read in other threads it may need an ecu update, can anyone shed any light on this matter or has anyone got the same problem.

cheers nigel692

·
Registered
37 Posts
Try turning the ignition ON (without starting the engine), wait 30 seconds and then turn the ignition off. Repeat this 3 times and then see if the engine MIL is still illuminated.

If so, it's likely to be a trip to the dealer for investigation.

·
Registered
330 Posts
How can I perform an ECU update please cause I'm having the engine check light with the exclamation mark on and a diagnostic light also switching on as engine check also. so 2 engine check lights are on.

I've read in the manuals and it is written that oil is a bit low but I checked the oil according to procedures and eveything is fine. Can it be the airflow sensor?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi guys..... I have an update.

I was told that when Maltese cars drink Maltese diesel, they will get embarrased in their first drink and they act a bit drunk. They suggested me that I will have to disconnect the battery for some time and plug it back in and this should solve the problem.

And vuala........ everything is now perfect, the ECU just needed a reset forthe Maltese crappy diesel.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
You will need to get it into honda mate for them to update the ecu if its due a service or near due they will update the ecu for free usually as its a known bug by them. There is actually nothing wrong more than likely just software bug with with out of range reading with oil sensor. Updating ecu will also improve your mpg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts