2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we're to start I bought my 2.2 civic 2008 one year ago a week later it had to go back for new shocks as knowing fault then 2 months later the powers steering went back till charyls hurst the then sent till donely honda got the car back two days later they said there was nothing wrong. 3 months after that power steering went again they had it for couple hours same thing nothing wrong said it went away ?? Then only got the car back then check system light came on. Them once again car went back till honda once again got the car back said it was fuse. Ok car back then it started playing up with the light one my full beam was on as soon as I put dipped beam on . Thought this was strange then two days later check system light back on then back to charyls hurst said it was a map sensor then told me to make sure it has go till honda ok went to honda now I'm been told the ecu has went has this happened befor ? They have had the car 3 weeks now still no word as I took out 2 years warranty on the car and an assessor from warranty has come look because it will cost 1250 my warranty covers all electrics I won't have to pay anything will I ??

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
Is it the standard Honda warranty? You need to study the warranty paperwork and look at the exclusions. You may also have to pay a policy excess?

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it's not standard it's charyls hurst extend warranty. I payed 500 extra for the two years

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have absolutely nothing good to ever say about Charles Hurst, they're unpleasant to deal with and generally not helpful. Donnelly Honda on the other hand are quite pleasant - ask for David Fenton.

Also, a few people have had blown ECUs but it's due to the wiper motor being stuck and causing a short.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zcott your right there the car is with honda atm and there 10 times more helpful . My warnty seems to cover it in the book and I have stuck till the rules so hoping I don't pay anything . Does anyone know about car care plan warranty that's who it's with I think lol

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Cant say Donnelly where great with me, had to fight with the dealership on numerous occasions.

David has left now (circa 10 months), He is now fixing Wind Turbines around the world.

Good luck getting sorted dude.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts