2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went today in a garage to check about air induction and the guy offer me a ecu re-mapped.
Does ecu re-mapped is safe and I can save money on fuel (civic 2.2)
Thanks

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
I've never heard of them round here, (im from Manc and in the business haha)
I would never allow a company that wasn't well known for it's work touch my car, let alone a re-map pal!

How much did they quote you ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never heard of them round here, (im from Manc and in the business haha)
I would never allow a company that wasn't well known for it's work touch my car, let alone a re-map pal!

How much did they quote you ?

I did not ask but the guys looks ok and honest

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Probably an legit map..but id go to a well known tuner instead :) just what i would do :)

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
No, MPG won't increase in reality.

Some people claim up to 10% MPG increase, I'm on 29.9MPG at the moment...
*I've been a bit 'lead footed' at the moment ;)*

I would ask who wrote the map first of all if you're considering, secondly i'd ask what gains (performance wise, BHP & FT/LB) they promise.
If you do go with it, first thing you should do is run on TDI Norths dyno (only in Warrington) and see if they lied about any gains; just to be sure...

I personally would not go with this, only because of the info at hand:
- VERY brief web page
- No previous experience with them (never heard of them..)
- No genuine reviews etc
- They are a 'mobile firm' so i assume dont have the equipment to test/tweak their maps.

The choice is of course yours pal :)

Edit: Forgot to add - It's very easy to find 'remaps' online, various pieces of software also come with generic maps available to install. The map (as said) is possibly legit, but without info on who created it and with no testing data who knows... haha

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, MPG won't increase in reality.

Some people claim up to 10% MPG increase, I'm on 29.9MPG at the moment...
*I've been a bit 'lead footed' at the moment ;)*

I would ask who wrote the map first of all if you're considering, secondly i'd ask what gains (performance wise, BHP & FT/LB) they promise.
If you do go with it, first thing you should do is run on TDI Norths dyno (only in Warrington) and see if they lied about any gains; just to be sure...

I personally would not go with this, only because of the info at hand:
- VERY brief web page
- No previous experience with them (never heard of them..)
- No genuine reviews etc
- They are a 'mobile firm' so i assume dont have the equipment to test/tweak their maps.

The choice is of course yours pal :)

Edit: Forgot to add - It's very easy to find 'remaps' online, various pieces of software also come with generic maps available to install. The map (as said) is possibly legit, but without info on who created it and with no testing data who knows... haha
Thanks in this case will not be a good idea for me remap as I am not a fast drive I just want more miles per gallon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts