2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can give me some advice.

My old Civic Type R (this is my EP3, not my FN2) has a fault and I suspect the ECU is faulty after checking everything thing else.

Can anyone recommend a place to send my ECU for testing and repair? I found a few places by searching the net. But I'd really like a place that someone had a good experience with.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I expect it would be more expensive than simply buying a second hand ECU. Check EBAY or there's a guy on here that sold me a few. If you can't find him let me know and i'll search my old messages. They go for about £40-£50 if you're lucky. What's the issue anyway ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Nub. I'll have to reset my password for CTRO, I've not been on there for years!

I don't suppose you remember roughly what the guys name is do you? Just so I know I've got the right guy.

I have had the car with a few mechanics and none of them can find an issue with my non-running EP3. They all say that the only thing left is a fault with the ECU.

Ig its possible and not comically expensive, I would prefer a fix of my current ECU so I don't have to mess about with the security.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Yeah it's baddohc. I'm not sure how likely it is to be the ECU, buy a 2nd hand ECU for cheap like £40-£50 and if it doesn't solve the problem you won't have much difficulty selling it in again. I'm not sure how easy or cost effective repairing the ECU would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts