2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Well done about 300miles on the new clutch now, getting used to the pedal feel and tbh after the first couple times i use the clutch (which are "dam that's heavy" moments) I get used to it and it's doesn't both me.

Car feels a lot smoother to Drive, although I haven't given it any beans yet as wanting to bed the clutch in.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Tbh I have be driving extra careful, so haven't noticed to much in the way of pick up, it's does fell a lot smoother, but I guess that's down to me not pushing the right foot to the floor, not noticed much noise really. Once i cover a few more miles I will update

Bite point is about 2 inches off the floor maybe? A little low but I've gotten used to it.

How many miles should I give it to bed in? I'm sure tdi said 500+

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
Your bite point sounds okay, I was wondering how your hydraulics were holding up. It seems they're in better shape than mine were

After my swap I felt that the SMF drove smoother than my tired, old DMF. After a few of my regular commutes, I then realised my DMF had a very slight vibration.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Yeah I'm happy with the bit point, weather it will change in the coming miles we shall see,

Yeah defo smoother than the dmf :) just need to get a map on it now, also been thinking about coilovers, fmic and maybe an exhaust for the old girl :)

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #87

My word, she'll be a completely different beastie with all those bit'n'bobs
Aye that's the plan, think coilovers would be first on the list, then get my trim colour coded. Fmic would be good, and exhaust would be nice too, but not into Loud ones as I do a a lot of motor way miles and don't want a considenent "drone". What type of exhaust will require abit more research :)

Hopefully going to meet up with a fellow civinfo member this week to look at remaps :)

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
Agreed, a droning exhaust sucks. I drove a car with noisy zoorst for a while and after long journey's it felt like you were deaf when the drone stopped. Your ears were ringing for ages.

For me, it's an item I will look at when mine needs replacing.

Remap's eh, there's a headline that will generate an evenings banter. Keep us in the loop ;)

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
well after meeting up with aBigSavage1 a couple of times last week i got the car remapped :D, He has done an amazing job on the map. we were aiming for stage 2 firgues and the car does "feel" around that mark, although i need to get it on a dyno soon to get this confirmed. Anyone know of any good ones aorund gloucestershire area?

The remap has shown how in need the suspension is of an upgrade. also from talking to aBigSavage1 and a bit of reading think i will go down the FMIC route at some stage.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
A list of all current mods, and future.

Current Mods:

• Civinfo Sticker
  • wanner69 Fog light covers (light smoked)
  • RickHondaR Foot well lights (blue)
  • Wardy's Flip key
  • Sports grill
  • Pioneer double din Radio
  • Skunk2 gear knob + gaiter
  • Gear knob hat (knitted by the misses)
  • Car mats and seat covers
  • Heko Wind deflectors
  • Type R spoiler
  • Ep3 type r alloys in gloss black
  • Upgraded tailgate gas struts
  • Accord Twin pot calipers, Mtec discs 320mm and mintex pads
  • CC Clutch + smf
  • Light upgrade from Mr JP
  • Stage 2 remap done by aBigSavage1

Future mods:

• Reversing camera ( just needs fitting)
  • Meister R Coilovers
  • FRSU
  • FMIC
  • Colour coding

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
Fantastic, well done

A remap will help the clutch bed in

How does the car drive now, completely different right?

A shame about your suspension but thankfully your brakes will be able to cope with the powah hike ;)

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Car feel totally different, so much better :) just keeps on pulling all the way up the Rev range.

Yeah really need to invest in coilovers :) and yeah the brakes cope very well, a very worth well mod even on stock power, but a must have with the remap!!

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Been a few weeks since ive updated this, just moved into my first house :) tbh not a lot has changed on the car. i Do have some Meister R coil overs that need to be fitted. A trip up to ABP in due for fitting and FRSU done.

After that is done i am still hoping to go down the FMIC route, and try to find the time/money to get the old girl colour coded (silly grey plastic trim needs to be gone!)

ATB

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Been a few weeks since ive updated this, just moved into my first house :) tbh not a lot has changed on the car. i Do have some Meister R coil overs that need to be fitted. A trip up to ABP in due for fitting and FRSU done.

After that is done i am still hoping to go down the FMIC route, and try to find the time/money to get the old girl colour coded (silly grey plastic trim needs to be gone!)

ATB
good call on the Meisters :cool:
some great mods planned - looking forward to it :D

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
81 - 100 of 132 Posts