2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

can you help>

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/group-buys/94180-fn2-type-r-aftermarket-catted-decatted-manifold-group-buy.html

I have set up this group buy, and as of yesterday I had the ability to edit and update posts (e.g. FAQ etc)

However today, I cannot edit. I cannot see the "edit" button. Can you help asap please.

PS I can update this thread, and can update the last post on my GB thread.

HOWEVER yesterday, I could edit any of my posts. Critical as I need to update the FAQ thread as and when required. keeps the thread tidy and info easy to find.

·
SGP Fk8
9,725 Posts
I think the edit function is only available for a set amount of time

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the edit function is only available for a set amount of time
Any chance of retaining this?

As for the GB for example, I need to update the FAQ as and when required.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
The reason we don't allow editing for longer is because people could edit posts at a later date and make a thread very unreadable.

If you need to edit after the 24 hour period, then please contact a Moderator as we are always happy to help :D

Reactions: devil84

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason we don't allow editing for longer is because people could edit posts at a later date and make a thread very unreadable.

If you need to edit after the 24 hour period, then please contact a Moderator as we are always happy to help :D
The issue is my group buy thread, I need to be updating the first four posts constantly as these are the information posts... i.e. FAQ, Group buy list etc.

On thats basis, can you please provide edit rights for these four posts only?

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/group-buys/94180-fn2-type-r-aftermarket-catted-decatted-manifold-group-buy.html

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish you could do it forever, would make things alot more easy in the modding forum as you finish one mod and want to remove it from the to do list.
DITTO - another example...

We need to trust the members.

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sadly, it's not possible as far as I am aware. For the interim period just contact a Mod and we will edit it for you.
Bugger - can I have moderator rights in the interim period? :p

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
I tried, requests were kinda ignored.
We are selective in whom we help :p

But, just to clarify a little it is better to report the post you would like editing than sending to one Moderator. The reason being that if you send a message to one particular Moderator he may not be on for a while and so you may have to wait longer for the edit. A reported thread/post would be seen by all Mods and Admins as soon as we sign on.

I hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

But, just to clarify a little it is better to report the post you would like editing than sending to one Moderator. The reason being that if you send a message to one particular Moderator he may not be on for a while and so you may have to wait longer for the edit. A reported thread/post would be seen by all Mods and Admins as soon as we sign on.

I hope that helps.
Can the moderator team please review this rule. There is no significant risk of turning th fucnction on. In fact it makes the forum more readable. The modification thread is a prime example, a nightmare to find members current mod list or info list.

Please, please review your rules for the benefit of the forum. Loads of other forum have the ability to edit and they are still perfectly informative...

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Can the moderator team please review this rule. There is no significant risk of turning th fucnction on. In fact it makes the forum more readable. The modification thread is a prime example, a nightmare to find members current mod list or info list.

Please, please review your rules for the benefit of the forum. Loads of other forum have the ability to edit and they are still perfectly informative...
We will have a look to see if we need to change anything.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We will have a look to see if we need to change anything.
Please do. Is it not just me that is asking for this... please review ASAP.

Let me know when the Civinfo edit committee will get together and make a pragmatic decision.;)

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts

I hope that helps.
I rather not add about 1 1/2 pages of text into that small report box, plus i cant see if it has been typed out correctly since it has no preview function.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts