2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently it has been very cold at around 1-2 degrees celsius.

I have also noticed on my datalogs that my AFR appears to be running around 12.7-12.8, whereas previously it was running a happy 13.0 in warmer conditions.

I am running a MAF tune, is this what I would expect or is there something else going on?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Flashpromanager contains several compensation tables for changes in temperature and barometric pressure such as IAT (intake air temperature) tables and ECT (engine coolant temperature) tables aswell as a couple of others.
Hondata already set them at default but you have to keep in mind it`s an American based system and the climatic conditions in the States are more extreme than in Great Britain. America mostly has a landclimate whereas G.B. has a mild seaclimate.
Temperature differences in the States can be quite large between night and day and between summer and winter. The city of New York is 35 degrees celsius in summer and -24 degrees in winter.

Flashpro compensates for all these changes in temperature but it may well be that in your case it overcompensates.
You say you currently run a 12.7-12.8:1 AFR in colder weather wheras it`s 13:1 AFR in warmer weather.
Usually that should be the other way around. My car is running slightly leaner with the colder weather. Last night temperatures here in Holland were -4 degrees celsius, -1 degree this morning.

your IAT and ECT tables for fuel and ignition may be overcompensating.
I suggest take a look at them and see if they are adjusted right.
What temperature does your engine reach when it`s warm? Should be 86 degree-ish.
At what temperatures do your engine coolant fans switch on and off?

Paul.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Paul.

Its basically a group N map or stock FN2 map when it comes to the tables, so its the default option.

The only thing thats different is the MAF sensor calibration.

I had just re-loaded the map back on a day earlier if that makes any difference or not. So maybe is still in some sort of re-learn mode?

·
Registered
639 Posts
GR. N map is usually running rich to be on the safe side.
You might change to a map calibration as it`s working better on our cars.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GR. N map is usually running rich to be on the safe side.
You might change to a map calibration as it`s working better on our cars.
Its not actually running the group N fueling, just the basic parameters.

The MAF sensor has been re-calibrated to run less rich AFRs on WOT and the XY table tuned to better strims.

·
Registered
639 Posts
You got me confused. You say it`s running basic parameters? You can change that in menu> options> go to advanced parameters.
Is that what you mean?

It`s virtually impossible to make the car run at 0 STFT`s on a maf tune so at times it may run rich or lean depending on climatic conditions, driving style, engine loadings etc.
A map calibration does away with that.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
You got me confused. You say it`s running basic parameters? You can change that in menu> options> go to advanced parameters.
Is that what you mean?

It`s virtually impossible to make the car run at 0 STFT`s on a maf tune so at times it may run rich or lean depending on climatic conditions, driving style, engine loadings etc.
A map calibration does away with that.
he is running a 100% groupN map only with the AFR tuned.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Theoretically the engine should lean out slightly when it gets colder, but in your case I suspect there is a compensation table adding more fuel to the point where the engine is running rich.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.