2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone did this on a 2007 CR-V i-CDTI? I tried searching but came across nothing :(

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
The same engine is used in the Civic, etc and for these units you will need a remap to ensure the ECU doesn't flag a warning/go into limp mode. The remap will also ensure that the air/fuel mixture is corrected.

I've just done this on my Civic including a physical blanking plate behind the EGR valve, made a world of difference.

Why do you think mention EGR blanking? - do you have a specific issue?

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
The same engine is used in the Civic, etc and for these units you will need a remap to ensure the ECU doesn't flag a warning/go into limp mode. The remap will also ensure that the air/fuel mixture is corrected.

I've just done this on my Civic including a physical blanking plate behind the EGR valve, made a world of difference.

Does a pure EGR off map alter iq and or turbo maps?

·
Premium Member
182 Posts

Hi Farqui

Where did you get your blanking plate from? I have been searching online but cant seem to find a seller.

If all else failed I was going to buy a gasket set and try and make some myself but metal is not the material Im good at working with lol

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,852 Posts
Make sure that the blanking plate is for 2006 onwards i-CTDi engines... the early Accords had a very different EGR valve (electric, not vacuum) and it's possible that the mounting is incompatible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
guys how do i do a remap???(after i blank the egr valve)
I know Celtic company does, but i live VERY far from them.
Anyway, do i purchase a diesel tuning chip from eBay uk and problem solved for "limp mode" ?
"The EGR Must be mapped out or limp mode" as our friend on top said.

by the way heres the link for EGR valve blanking plate(for Honda Civic 2.2 icdti).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EGR-valve-blanking-plate-Honda-2-2-CDTi-The-EGR-Must-be-mapped-out-or-limp-mode/121414900209?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

thanks.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts

Hi,

resurrecting an old thread :)

do you have a guide for when you blanked off your EGR valve? Also does blanking it off just bring up the EML, (my Alfa just brought on the light but drove the same) or does the car actually go into a limp home mode?

thanks, Justin

·
Administrator
18,068 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts