2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking of getting eibach 15 mm springs with TDI N fast road set up. Just a couple of questions.

Are the differences noticeable? And are there any issues with speed bumps, multi storey carparks?

Thanks in advance for your trusted, knowledgeable reviews.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What eibach part number is the 15mm kit?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Was thinking of getting eibach 15 mm springs with TDI N fast road set up. Just a couple of questions.

Are the differences noticeable? And are there any issues with speed bumps, multi storey carparks?

Thanks in advance for your trusted, knowledgeable reviews.
Yes very, FRS makes the biggest difference.

I do scrap more on 15mm if im honest

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mines lowered -30 on ABP eibachs. No worries with everyday driving at all. It scrapes on the odd speed bump if you catch it to fast but i crawl over them anyway. I have no damage to the underside of the bumper only on the small flaps which sit about 2" off the ground.

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
What eibach part number is the 15mm kit?
E10-40-011-01-22

It is listed as a 25mm kit, because it also fits the 1.8 Civic which has a suspension set-up 10mm higher than a Type R.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the eibach 15mm springs and FRS done at TDI North two weeks ago and its well worth the money. Suprisingly looks alot better even though its only a small drop but completely changes the feel of the car through the corners.
Mine does scrape on high speed bumps but take easy over them and its fine.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the eibach 15mm springs and FRS done at TDI North two weeks ago and its well worth the money. Suprisingly looks alot better even though its only a small drop but completely changes the feel of the car through the corners.
Mine does scrape on high speed bumps but take easy over them and its fine.
That was the sort of answer I was hoping for. How long did it take? Looking to get it done next week.

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
That was the sort of answer I was hoping for. How long did it take? Looking to get it done next week.
I paid £530 all in. It took just over 4 hours. Takes a while longer when you have the springs done at the same time otherwise it would only take an hour or so. Get it done mate, its one of those mods that does really make a difference.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm booked in at TDI NORTH for next Wednesday for 15mm eibachs, fast road, flash pro and custom map :D

Ps don't tell my mrs!

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
lucky bar steward! i've got nearly 3 more weeks to wait! :)

Let us know what the drive back is like!

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
im thinking of having this done to mine,but really worried it will scrap and if im honest i cant stand people who travel over humps at 5mph so somehow i know i wont be able to do it!!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
im thinking of having this done to mine,but really worried it will scrap and if im honest i cant stand people who travel over humps at 5mph so somehow i know i wont be able to do it!!
You'd be fine with the 15mm drop, mines lowered about that on mugen suspension and I've never had a problem. The 30mm eibachs look amazing but I'm sure you'd have problems with speed humps if you went that low.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I'm booked in at TDI NORTH for next Wednesday for 15mm eibachs, fast road, flash pro and custom map :D

Ps don't tell my mrs!
Wow that is exactly what I just booked in with TDI South today! Hopefully getting it in this week if not in 2 weeks time, let us know how it feels and if it seems much lower because I am really excited to have mine done. :)

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
You'd be fine with the 15mm drop, mines lowered about that on mugen suspension and I've never had a problem. The 30mm eibachs look amazing but I'm sure you'd have problems with speed humps if you went that low.
thanks david...will i be fine even if my 19inch rages??
you should of come on sat btw,i brought my lil pup along so you would of been fine to bring yours and i hear your a dab hand at detailing!!:)

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi all,
Had my work done today at TDI NORTH. I put that in capitals because it deserves it. Fantastic service, excellent workmanship and a great set of staff. This place is a must for any FN2 owner. And so I believe are my mods.

Eibach 15mm pro springs
Eibach 15mm pro wheel spacers
Hondata flash pro with custom tune
TDi fast road set up

The car was stock apart from a drop in K&N panel filter. Paul and the guys were on it from 09.30 to 16.30. And what a transformation on the drive home!
First thing to notice is it looks more aggressive and I believe that the spacers which increase the track width by a total of 30mm just enhance this by making the wheels fill the arches.

On the drive home I took the long route and the ride was very good to say the least. To teeth chattering moments on our well kept roads. Firm but composed and refined. Put some load on the springs through the corners and they react with a minimum of body roll. Understeer is greatly reduced to a point where I have to be honest I didn't experience any. So the drive home in a word BRILLIANT. Felt like I was in a new car.

The flash pro and remap saw me getting better mpg on the way back even though I was driving it harder. VTEC now comes in at 3700 and growls all the way to 8600. Vast improvement in mix range but you do loose the 5600 kick up the back side.

Then on the final part of the journey. The road home. The true test. 3 large speed bumps. And I'm glad to say no scrapes.

So in conclusion.

Go get it done!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts