2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi there,

The diesel pro kit from Eibach actually lowers the 2.2 by around 25mm all round. We carry these kits in stock, at £174.00 inc VAT.

If we were to install these, along with carrying out a full FRS, you would be looking between £474.00 and £508.00 inc VAT depending on how many shims you need in the rear.

We would be looking at getting you booked in at the longest, 2 days in advance in the week. Saturdays get full up quick and yours is a fairly lengthy job, so the sooner you let me know the better if you'd prefer a weekend slot.

If you want to give me a ring to book in, or have any other questions, call me on 01270 567177.

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Sorry i missed this thread.

Would you prefer payment over the phone with card or via Paypal over the net? The latter would incurr a small charge just to cover the fees.

Let me know if you still need these. Thanks and sorry.

Rich

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries there's no rush

Ummm how much extra is the paypal fee?

Just to clarify could you quote me a price for the following please:

The eibech diesel pro kit (2.2 type S lowered by 25mm all round correct?)
Camber bolts for FRS set up
Pair of new droplinks (these are only required on the front is that right?)
FRS settings - (plan to get set-up here, is there a charge for these?)
Delivery

Could you also quote the same but with 15mm spacers for each wheel please?

Thanks, will be looking to purchase within the next 2 weeks :)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Cool, ok. So prices;

-25mm Pro kit for the 2.2 £174.00
Camber bolts £25.00
Postage £10.00
Paypal charge (4%) £14.65
Total £223.65
Total £209.00 paid over the phone with card

There's no charge for the Fast road settings. Because you're only doing the front, you'll want to put as close to -1' degree negative camber and toe out 1mm in total (0.5mm each side).

The spacers we carry in stock are £110.00 per axle. These are the 'bolt on' type that fasten to your original studs and then has studs in them to fit the wheel. These are only compatible with original, Honda wheels.

Hope this helps, and if you want to order any of the above, let me know.

Rich

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi, what do you mean by "only doing the front" for FRS? I would like the full FRS set-up and was under the understanding I need the springs and then the camber bolts for the back and then 4-wheel alignment? Have I misunderstood?
A little yes, i'm afraid. It's the shims that we put behind the rear hubs that allow us to modify the rear geometry settings. They are fixed as standard.

To do a complete FRS you would need to get a full geometry printout of how the car is now, for us to determine which shims are required to get the correct readings on the rear. If you can sort this, i cn send you the correct shims that can then be fitted elsewhere.

If i was to supply just the camber bolts, you would have them fitted to the front. This would allow you to set the front to our FRS, which i have mentioned above, but not the rear as i don't know what shims you require without the geometry printout.

I hope this makes sense, if you have any queries give me a call Monday?

Cheers,

Rich

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A little yes, i'm afraid. It's the shims that we put behind the rear hubs that allow us to modify the rear geometry settings. They are fixed as standard.

To do a complete FRS you would need to get a full geometry printout of how the car is now, for us to determine which shims are required to get the correct readings on the rear. If you can sort this, i cn send you the correct shims that can then be fitted elsewhere.

If i was to supply just the camber bolts, you would have them fitted to the front. This would allow you to set the front to our FRS, which i have mentioned above, but not the rear as i don't know what shims you require without the geometry printout.

I hope this makes sense, if you have any queries give me a call Monday?

Cheers,

Rich
Ok thanks for this, if I find a garage with a 4-wheel alignment machine I should be able ask for a full geometry printout and then send this to you right?

Sorry my misunderstanding then, I thought the camber bolts were what made the rear adjustable!

If my first statement is correct about the printout then I will get that checked round here and come back to you

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Ok thanks for this, if I find a garage with a 4-wheel alignment machine I should be able ask for a full geometry printout and then send this to you right?

Sorry my misunderstanding then, I thought the camber bolts were what made the rear adjustable!

If my first statement is correct about the printout then I will get that checked round here and come back to you

Thanks for your help
Scammel

If you are ever passing Melksham, Carson Tyres on Bowerhill will do check your Geometry and give you a print out. They charged me a tenner to do

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Scammel

If you are ever passing Melksham, Carson Tyres on Bowerhill will do check your Geometry and give you a print out. They charged me a tenner to do

That's very useful if I can't find anywhere up here! They open Sundays do you know?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
That's very useful if I can't find anywhere up here! They open Sundays do you know?
Afraid not :(

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right little change of plan here, gonna do this in two stages and just wanted to clarify I have covered everything...

Stage 1
Order springs and camber bolts from yourself, at the price of £209 as quoted above. Get these fitted myself (parsco has kindly offered to do this)

Stage 2
Get the full geometry report as car is now, order and install shims and then get full FRS done

Could you give me a price for "stage 2" please?

Hopefully I am right in thinking this is all I need (plus a new pair of droplinks for the front incase the existing ones are screwed).

One last question, if I decide to add spacers at a later date, perhaps when I upgrade brakes, will the FRS need to be done again, or at least checked?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Right little change of plan here, gonna do this in two stages and just wanted to clarify I have covered everything...

Stage 1
Order springs and camber bolts from yourself, at the price of £209 as quoted above. Get these fitted myself (parsco has kindly offered to do this)

Stage 2
Get the full geometry report as car is now, order and install shims and then get full FRS done

Could you give me a price for "stage 2" please?

Hopefully I am right in thinking this is all I need (plus a new pair of droplinks for the front incase the existing ones are screwed).

One last question, if I decide to add spacers at a later date, perhaps when I upgrade brakes, will the FRS need to be done again, or at least checked?

That looks spot on as regards to everything you'll need. I'm guessing we aren't actually measuring your geometry and just supplying the required shims?

You can only use a maxium number of 4 shims, so a worst case for supplying the shims is £34.00 plus a little bit of postage. Most garages would be looking at a couple of hours labour to strip the rear hubs to install the shims and re-check the geometry to make sure everything is correct.

I hope this helps, if there's anything else i can help with, let me know.

Rich

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks spot on as regards to everything you'll need. I'm guessing we aren't actually measuring your geometry and just supplying the required shims?

You can only use a maxium number of 4 shims, so a worst case for supplying the shims is £34.00 plus a little bit of postage. Most garages would be looking at a couple of hours labour to strip the rear hubs to install the shims and re-check the geometry to make sure everything is correct.

Rich
The way work is planning out I'm gonna have a few paid trips to your part of the country, so I will probably get the geometry reports, shims installed and then FRS set up done by yourselves so could Inhave a price for that please?

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Rich
The way work is planning out I'm gonna have a few paid trips to your part of the country, so I will probably get the geometry reports, shims installed and then FRS set up done by yourselves so could Inhave a price for that please?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
So the springs would be fitted and the bolts supplied by yourself when you come to us?

This would mean that we would install the front bolts, check the alignment, strip the rear hubs and install the correct shims and set everything to our Fast Road Settings. This would cost a maximum of £199.00 inc labour and VAT.

It may well be less, dependant on the number of shims required.

Rich

1 - 20 of 29 Posts