2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
D and A said i did it
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a lot of reviews on here i have decided to go for eibach lowering springs and frs geometry setup.

The only issue i have is being in Newcastle upon Tyne we havent got a lot of local options for fitting, ABP are advertising what i want for £484 and what seems like the only local option Revolution just got back to me after a week to quote me £702 so unless they take my challenge to match or even get close to ABP's price ill be off to crewe for the day.

Does anybody else know of any other north east / northern england / southern scotland options i could try?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Grinspeed mate, Stevie is in Leyland, Preston.

I, like so many others in the UK, only use Stevie for all our work. The man is a genius and you won't want to go to anyone else after he's worked on your car.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
+ 1 for Stevie at Grinspeed his work is spot on and he's a total perfectionist. He's done all my work so far.

I've PM'd you his contact details drop him am email for a price.

Reactions: Kevino

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I got my springs, camber bolts and FRS done at Revolution for much less than £702. They pretty much matched ABP before factoring in the petrol cost to get down to ABP. You can even fit Tein springs which would lower the cost even more. Are you sure you didn't get a quote for an EP3 Type-R which is costlier to do?

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I'd get back on to them and ask what they are supplying then because that quote is way more than I paid last spring and I can't imagine the labour cost has gone up that much in less than 8 months. I'll find my invoice and report back what I paid.

·
D and A said i did it
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got back to them and the guy is speaking to his manager to sort a price! To be honest i put this in the same bracket as insurance renewal, if your not giving me your best price first time you aint getting my money, its not a flipping auction! Got a price from stevie at grinspeed very similar to abp's and its closer so ill save on any travel.

Main problem is im due 6th year service so i have to see how many pennies i have left after that and hope my bonus is canny in march!

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Speak to Stevie and see if he can do your service as well?

·
D and A said i did it
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking that but its a fair old chunk to cough up in one go! I scrapped all my credit cards a few year ago otherwise i would be there now getting allsorts done!

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
If your willing to get the 15mm eibachs can link you to a set £129 delivered...

Sent from the NecronomiPhon

·
D and A said i did it
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is that a private sale or retail? Im skint at the mo but i could take a cheeky look!

Still waiting for revolution to get back to me with a revised price! I told them to get themselves on the forum as theres a lot of newbies appearing on here from newcastle at the mo!

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
After revolutions anti honda posts on fb recently they can fk right off lol

United we Stand! Divided we FALL. Vote NO on Scottish Independence

·
D and A said i did it
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers! Yeah i thought it was a bit odd for them to be having a pop at honda! However lighthearted it was imtended to be its still a bit of a stupid move for somebody in the modifying business!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts