2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EIBACH / ABP MOTORSPORT -30MM LOWERING SPRING SET

As alot of FN2 owners know, we have our lowering springs available soon for the Type R.
We developed these with Eibach to lower the car by 30mm front and rear as in the photo.

They come as a set of 4 springs and should be in the region of £168.00.

If you would like to know when these are in stock, reply on here and i will let you all know as soon as the land here. :D

This is our development car with these springs fitted........

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Hi Dave

Apart from obviously lowering the car do they have any effect on the ride ?

Steve

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Hi Dave

Steve

Of course ! Car would be much harder and you loose comfort during driving, but it would looks better!

Cheers

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dave

Steve
The every day ride is very similar to standard as they are a progressively wound coil spring. This gives a nice normal ride on a normal road and when cornering hard it compresses the softer part of the coil as the weight is transferred to a corner of the car and uses a stiffer part of the coil. :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Very nice! Think 30mm is perfect for the CTR, when you keep in mind that its already 15mm lower than a civic 1,8. Any lower you will have trouble getting over bumps i think. Would like to now when they land ABP, if you ship across the sea that is?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Dave, please correct me if I'm wrong but this part number 10-40-011-01-22 eibach springs for FN2 lowering 25mm front and 25mm rear.:confused:
In your offer you have 30mm that's way I'm asking. Any idea way?

Thanks !
David

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are they only for a type r or can can they for my 1.8
secondly how hard are they to fit yourself|?
cheers
I do have some Eibachs available for the 1.8 which lowers by 25mm front & rear. These are £152.00 inc vat

I also have Personal Identity lowering springs available for the 1.8 with 30mm and 45mm lowering kits. The 30mm are £145.00 inc vat and the 45mm springs are £148.00 inc vat.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats really good , are they easy to fit tho?
Secondly if im gettin new 18 inch alloys can i keep the original suspension or would i need to upgrade?
The photo of the Civic above is 30mm springs on a Type R which are 15mm lower as standard than the 1.8. So if you use the 45mm lowering springs on your car, it will look similar to our red one above. Our car has 19" alloys fitted and doesnt cause any problems with the right offset wheels fitted.

Hope this helps? :D

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dave, please correct me if I'm wrong but this part number 10-40-011-01-22 eibach springs for FN2 lowering 25mm front and 25mm rear.:confused:
In your offer you have 30mm that's way I'm asking. Any idea way?

Thanks !
David
This kit you have quoted here is for the 1.8 and Type R models and claims 25mm lowering front and rear. Because the Type R sits 15mm lower as standard, it lower it by 10mm front & rear and lowers the 1.8 by 25mm as it is 15mm higher standard than the Type R.

Our kit is different from the original Eibach kit which will lower this the Type R by 30mm and will lower the 1.8 models by 45mm.

Hope this helps?:D

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Very nice! Think 30mm is perfect for the CTR, when you keep in mind that its already 15mm lower than a civic 1,8. Any lower you will have trouble getting over bumps i think. Would like to now when they land ABP, if you ship across the sea that is?
I used to scrape in the Type S!! lol thankfully the R is being taken more carefully :)

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
How much for these fitted?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much for these fitted?
It all depends on how far you people have got with the geometry.

If the geometry has not ever been touched, after the springs have been fitted, the geometry needs re-setting and it all depends if you have got camber adjusters fitted already and if you want the camber setting atall.
There is too many options for me to list everything, but if you can tell me what you have had done already, i can give you some options.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Ive had the FRS done by yourselves last year

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
im very interested pleas keep me informed
thanks
kam

1 - 20 of 126 Posts