2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when payday arrives my next task is to lower the derv.

Looking online i have found two sets of springs which are suitable for the heavier diesel civic.

The 25mm Eibach Prokit springs at £183 delivered. Very popular on this forum but limited to 25mm lowering.

The 30mm Apex lowering springs at £113 delivered. Can anyone who has these fitted speak up and let me know of the ride quality please?

Obviously the majority will say pay the extra and get the Eibachs but i may just go for the Apex to be different and if nobody has already put up a review of them.

For now i want to see if anyone has had experience already with the Apex springs that could either persuade me to go for them or make me a run a mile with a horror story??

I await your recommendations/advice :)

Cheers , Matt

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think i'll try the Apex and get a review going, i'll be having the fast road setup also :) once i have the Apex springs fitted i can do a review then hopefully get a few opinions on Saturday also maybe a test drive of a derv on eibachs for a comparison factor :)

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
i might know where eibachs can be had for a lot less money than that. Apex dont last very well, have bad habit of snapping too.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i might know where eibachs can be had for a lot less money than that. Apex dont last very well, have bad habit of snapping too.
If you point me in a direction of cheaper eibachs then i'll call the whole Apex trial off and go for the 25mm drop :)

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
neil already has a set from this seller on his derv, theyre excellent. My type R ones are literally on the way now, ordered them the other day

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
154Euro (£128approx) delivered to UK nice one! The trial is off i take Revs word for it, the Apex springs are crap and snap, from another review i read off google, they don't settle well either!

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The quote from ABP includes the camber bolts and shims for the FRS :D I'm just fitting the springs myself then driving over i think, i don't know anybody around me who could do it for a similar price

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Easy to fit yourself mate just get some spring clamps and some WD40 on the bolts a few days before trying it lol

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cleaning it or blanking it off? i must get mine serviced soon as i haven't done it since buying and i'm kind of relying on the sellers word that it was done recently as the book states its nearly 6k since its last service

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah i've been reading the arguments on here about what the benefits of with/without it are may as well leave it as designed i say, not got to remap stage yet but shall be when this clutch dies completely :)

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
got to wait until i sell my old 16inch OEMS and the factory stereo or payday depending which comes first lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.